Tamiya 1:48th Spitfire (Completed)

P

Plastickitbasher

Yeah finally finished this one.

Fininshed with Flory models dark dirt brushed all over and then roughly removed with a damp cotton bud, Mig black smoke was used for the exhust and gun ports, I wanted the over all look of it being war battered.

For those sharp eyed members will have noticed it's been finished the marks for Sqd Ldr Brian Lane.

And now for the pics

View attachment 41871View attachment 41872View attachment 41873View attachment 41874View attachment 41875View attachment 41876View attachment 41870

Enjoy

Regards

David

View attachment 45258

View attachment 45259

View attachment 45260

View attachment 45261

View attachment 45262

View attachment 45263

View attachment 45264

FinishedSpitfire0007.jpg

FinishedSpitfire0001.jpg

FinishedSpitfire0002.jpg

FinishedSpitfire0003.jpg

FinishedSpitfire0004.jpg

FinishedSpitfire0005.jpg

FinishedSpitfire0006.jpg

D

dubster72

That's excellent David, it really looks realistically used & the cockpit detail is great.

Cheers

Patrick

First Name
Michael
Really nice job David, love the weathered look. I've not built a Spit yet and really like 1/48 so think I'll go get me one of these.

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely job, nicely weathered and realistic. Is it going onto a diorama base? It would look superb with a vehicle next to it and there are plenty of 1/48th Tamiya options to choose from.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice, I always like a dirty bird..

Colin M..

M

mobear

what i love about this spit is the look of all the panels,plus the weathering top notch

mobear

P

Plastickitbasher

Thanks all for your kind comments, yep going to work on a dio not sure what to do yet, I'll have a bit of "thinking time" with a glass of beer (or two) lol

First Name
Aaron
Hi Dave, Ive just done a coat of future pre decal on my one of these. I bet this went together like a dream?

Nice job on the weathering.

Psst Mike, Dont get an icm one =p

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice! evryone loves a Spitfire including me.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Hi Dave, Ive just done a coat of future pre decal on my one of these. I bet this went together like a dream?Nice job on the weathering.

Psst Mike, Dont get an icm one =p
The ICM spitfires are better than the Tamiya ones; more accurate shape/size. Better Detail and cost under half as much.....The one thing they are not are shake and bake kits, I'll give you that, but with a bit of effort, they build into a great little Spitfire.

Ian M

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
The ICM spitfires are better than the Tamiya ones; more accurate shape/size. Better Detail and cost under half as much.....The one thing they are not are shake and bake kits, I'll give you that, but with a bit of effort, they build into a great little Spitfire.Ian M
You honestly recommend the icm spitfires over Tamiya? Weird.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just a better value for money, the detail is as good if not better and they have a better shape.

Why is that so weird?

Ian M