TAMIYA BMW R75

W

Wayne Reed

All ways had a thing for all things war machines and there history. So I found this awesome little kit by TAMIYA the BMW R57. The kit was moulded from moulds made in 1972 (its a brand new kit they still make it today) I have to say that there is almost no Flash or pin marks there is a little flash on the parts of the figure but kinda thought there would be.

The level of detail on the figures has blown me over. So many parts to glue to them its awesome. takes about an hour to do each one and thats with out the paint.

Well that's the B.M.W R75 all done. What an awesome little kit to build. My first time doing figure building and painting was hard at first but I think I found my feet with it (I hope) It has to be my best work yet. Let me know what you think.

It is best to find as many images as you can for this kit Tamiya leave a lot of room for you to do as you you please lol

Thanks.

View attachment 91590

View attachment 91587

View attachment 91589

View attachment 91591

View attachment 91588

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

P

Polux

All the set looks very well painted, a clean work.

Is an advice, not a criticism, you can try to add a "wash", the final look will be great over your excellent paintwork. ;)

W

Wayne Reed

\ said:
All the set looks very well painted, a clean work.Is an advice, not a criticism, you can try to add a "wash", the final look will be great over your excellent paintwork. ;)
Thanks mate :smiling3:

Yeah i wanted to do a wash but need to get some wash stuff and get the nerve to do it lol

Think i will get the kit again as i wanted to do some chipping on the bike as well. Got all the stuff i neded but lost my bottle lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice, just too clean and crisp, as stated a wash and some highlights will bring out the detail more. Have faith and have a go.

Si:smiling3:

W

Wayne Reed

\ said:
Very nice, just too clean and crisp, as stated a wash and some highlights will bring out the detail more. Have faith and have a go.Si:smiling3:
Thanks bud. Yeah will have to give it ago.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thanks bud. Yeah will have to give it ago.
Just lightly as you don't not want to undo all that lovely brass work, top job on that, lovely painting.

Si:smiling3:

W

Wayne Reed

\ said:
Just lightly as you don't not want to undo all that lovely brass work, top job on that, lovely painting.Si:smiling3:
Yeah will get the wash stuff and just take baby steps. Can always add more if it needs it ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Looks good very nicely painted :smiling3:

I built this kit for a dio , the motorcycle is sticking halfway out of a hedge the bloke from the sidecar is slumped I a hedge and one of the other walking troops is being marched off to some American mps:smiling3:

W

Wayne Reed

\ said:
Looks good very nicely painted :smiling3: I built this kit for a dio , the motorcycle is sticking halfway out of a hedge the bloke from the sidecar is slumped I a hedge and one of the other walking troops is being marched off to some American mps:smiling3:
I like the sound of that. I bet it looks awesome.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I like the sound of that. I bet it looks awesome.
Well I wouldn't go that far but here's a link so you can judge for yourself:smiling3:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/falaise-pocket-august-1944.25144/

W

Wayne Reed

\ said:
Well I wouldn't go that far but here's a link so you can judge for yourself:smiling3:http://www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/falaise-pocket-august-1944.25144/
That looks awesome bud. I hope I am one day building on that level.