tamiya f16cj block 50 1/32

B

Bunnybites

Hi all,

This is my first build posted on the forum and its a massive one! lol

A tamiya F16 block 50 came in the post this morning in 1/32 scale and it looks amazing I cant wait to get started.

Its the bigest kit I have ever built and I cant say that Iam not daunted by it, so many parts and things I have n't used before like photo etched parts.

Hoping all goes well but lots of research ahead me thinks!

The kit has metal landing gears and rubber tryes, etched parts, removable engine, trolly dolly and much more! has anybody built one of these? I could do with a bit of advice, pit falls and parts that dont fit well, things like that. Any advice would be great.

thanks

jim

View attachment 32523View attachment 32524

View attachment 37372

View attachment 37373

100_1611.jpg

100_1612.jpg

T

-tmm-

I'm mostly a WW2 enthisiast but of modern aircraft the F-16 is by far my favourite. I havent built this kit (yet) so I will be following this closely to see how it turns out. Good luck :smiling3:

EDIT: also if you dont mind me asking, how much did this kit set you back?

B

Bunnybites

Hi Chris, dont mind you asking at all, I shopped around and found the normal price is around £130 but I found a site that sold it for £95! the sites called

www.buyforlessonline.co.uk.

still alot of cash for a kit but a good saving. I always wanted a big scale kit and like you its my favourite modern fighter.

thanks

jim

T

-tmm-

Cheers Jim, not seen that site before. Also didnt notice when you said it was 1/32 - £90+ is a bit out of my price range at the moment so I'll probably get the 1/48 version instead. Still, this one looks like a great kit.

L

lemoff

That sounds about right for a 1/32 tamiya. Sounds great, i shall see what my birthday trip to the big model shop brings me :D

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Chris, you might be able to find a 1/32 Academy F 16 a bit cheaper. There are some niggly faults apparently but it can be made to look really good:

1/32 Academy F-16CJ by Keith Money

Gern

T

-tmm-

Thanks Gern, I'll have to look into that one. It'll be a way off yet anyway, as I have far too many irons in the fire at the moment. doh!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
WOW that F-16 that Keith built over on ARC is a bit tasty!

Ian M

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well that'll keep you going. If I was building this , you wouldn't see me untill Christmas ! Nevertheless, the F16 is a nice curvy machine, good choice.

Colin M......

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
quite like ian's comments :emo12:.... the model is tasty indeed!!! .... must admit i am quite keen on a 1/32 kit in the futue (will be a WWii aircraft though) but whew think i will stick to my 1/48's until i pluck up the courage. Good luck with your F16 ....looking forward to your pics of progress made.

C

Caledonia

Hi Jim, Looks a nice kit, I built the 1/48 and it fell together, beautiful kit. Look forward to following this one. Cheers Derek

B

Bunnybites

Thanks lads, pics to follow as I will start the build saturday.

cheers

jim

M

munkster

"Beast" is about right - by my calculations this thing should end up the best part of half a metre long?? Incredible. Looks great so far, including the screwed-together bits!! They must be serious structural elements I suppose?? :smiling:

B

Bunnybites

Yeah its a big one and I still have about 20 screws left to fit! I think its going to weigh abit.