Tamiya F4F Wildcat 1:48

K

Keith9657

I've just finished this nice little kit from Tamiya. It went together really well and was a pleasure to build. I added a limited PE from Eduard, panels and seat belts only. There's nothing like a photo to show up areas you've missed painting and the cockpit one is a good example! I also added a vacuform cockpit. I dropped the injection one under my desk. I could see it so I spun my chair round 90 degrees to avoid accidents. I then heard a crunch under my foot as I went to pick it up. The thing I thought was the cockpit turned out to be something else. Still, the swear jar benefitted immensely!

It needed the minimum of filler.

View attachment 47894View attachment 47895View attachment 47896

The finished article:

View attachment 47897View attachment 47898View attachment 47899

Keith

View attachment 50775

View attachment 50776

View attachment 50777

View attachment 50778

View attachment 50779

View attachment 50780

cockpit3a.jpg

cockpit.jpg

unpainted.jpg

finished8.jpg

finished7.jpg

finished6.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow Keith, this is a really tidy and well finished Wildcat. The cockpit looks great, and I think you have weathered the paint just right.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Very nice little Wildcat, agreed nicely weathered.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
A great build Keith and as Barry said some nice subtle weathering.

Vaughan

M

mobear

love the way the rivets and panel lines stand out and the subtle weathering is awesome

mobear

First Name
Chris
Beautiful litte cat there Keith, she looks liek she seen some action (can't believe how rude that sounds)

Nice work!

Regards

Chris

K

Keith9657

Thanks, gents. I really enjoyed building it so much that it probably won't be my last one. I must confess tough the underside is the wrong colour! I was going to build one version but changed my mind and went for the Marine marking, not noticing the underside was a slightly different colour. However, I'm happy with it and can live with it...

Keith

Last edited:
A

AJay

Looks great, Keith. I like the cockpit detailing and harnesses :smiling3: