Tamiya Ferrari 312T4 1/12

Jabba

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
As I posted the engine build in the 'In progress' thread I thought I'd better show the finished job. Its far from perfect of course, and I always finish a kit thinking "I'd really like to do that again now I know all the pitfalls" . But that's out of my financial reach for now.
Having spent time getting the fuel lines right on the engine I then found that when it came to putting the top bodywork piece on that it couldn't lay flat as the fuel lines were too bulky laying across the top of the Fuel filter, so out came the hair dryer again to soften them up and allow them to be pushed back. I'm still not totaly happy with the body fit though. Tamiya actually give you small screw to hold the to panel down, but I chose not to use them as it means its too difficult display the engine. The biggest problem though - as you may see in the photos - was the decals. I don't know how long this kit was in storage but the decals certainly showed their age , as , when I came to apply them (using Micro set and decal softener) they were very fragile and the colours, especially the white panels, were almost transparent.. A better modeler than me would have probably given up and painted them on, but, once started I had to carry on. To be honest I get most satisfaction out of building the engines and suspension. My bodywork skills still need improvement. I overcame my messing up of the battery decal , which should say 'Vardy racing batteries' by using a 'Magnetti Marreli' decal from my stash. I feel justified in this as they also provided most of the ignition system during that era.(apologies to Vardy) see what you think.IMG_5164.JPGIMG_5166.JPGIMG_5177.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Now that's awesome. Magnificent build Peter