Tamiya Sd.kfz.131 Marder II

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Decided after falling out with the Dragon 252 would go back to Tamiya for my next build. Looked on Scalemate and according to them the tamiya marder is from 1971, with only box art updates. ???
Nice kit, rubber tracks, oh the joy of heating a screw driver and 5 seconds later 'completed tracks'. All parts fit well which you'd expect from Tamiya. Two figures included with kit, the others are Miniart. The radio and Jerry cans are from the spares box.
Please, comments and criticism welcome. First time trying figures and weathering/wear.20240311_093934.jpg20240311_093849.jpg20240311_093835.jpg20240311_093727.jpg20240311_093755.jpg20240311_093821.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's nicely done Andy. Always good to see plenty of mud. The only thing I would have done would have been to add some gloss varnish to the mud in places to look like puddles/wet mud.

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's nicely done Andy. Always good to see plenty of mud. The only thing I would have done would have been to add some gloss varnish to the mud in places to look like puddles/wet mud.
One of the pics I used (loosely, I admit) was mud everywhere, so hence the mud. There are some little puddles, not as big as I'd intended, but then didn't want to start carving into the base. May go back and add them.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The only things jumping out to me are the machine gun & some rifle barrels. These would be more gray than silver. It might be photos as they are bright. Otherwise very nice job.

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
One of the pics I used (loosely, I admit) was mud everywhere, so hence the mud. There are some little puddles, not as big as I'd intended, but then didn't want to start carving into the base. May go back and add them.
The only things jumping out to me are the machine gun & some rifle barrels. These would be more gray than silver.
You're not wrong, really need to get some gun metal or put more black in the 'steel' that I've got probably.

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks everyone for the likes and comments.
Have started my next project an IBG Pz.kpkw II. Liked the mud on the last so thinking maybe add some snow... can be damned cold in Poland.

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Makes all the difference John when you get the likes and positive/helpful criticism. Elevates the hobby from just sticking bits of plastic together.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Mighty fine effort.I remember being excited recieving this one for Christmas around 1984.Might make another sometime.We can feel your enthusiasm which is great to see.Looking forward to seeing the ibg build.
Happy modelling.
Rich

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Rich. Was very surprised when I found out the Marder is from 1971. IMO it can still hold its own with the new kits and was a pleasure to build. 1984 was about when I stopped modelling, kids and horses don't leave a lot of time for anything else. Then you do something stupid and get another women, she's called Colonnade an ex race horse so take takes time to look after. SWMBO says she can't compete with women that has 4 legs up to her armpits. LOL.
Andy

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
OK so I'm old and daft, but I call it motivation. View attachment 503864
You cannot hang that up in a public place, think of the children that will see it and faint. Don't you know JR is on the wanted list of five countries and three planets... This is to be kept in a plain brown envelope and in a drawer in a dark cupboard....
Also, well done on the model, you deserve the award.