Tamiya Spitfire (again)

P

Pete Mac

Me Again,

Hi lads, I have just sprayed the underneath of the model (with my new Iwata Rev. brush,brilliant !) but am a bit undecided on masking for the base colour on the top half. Should I mask around the lower half of the wing surface so as to produce a hard, solid line or spray directly from the top to produce a faded line if that would work? secondly. has anyone tried spraying the camouflage markings freehand which would save all the fuss with masking/blue'tac etc. ? my airbrush is the revolution with the standard .5 mm needle. Thanks again . Pete PS. am using Tamiya paints.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I never mask the bottom of the wing and always spray from the top, a little masking around the root area and then along the fusulage and if the camo extends under the tail-planes I mask off the bottom of them.

P

Pete Mac

ThanksBarry.I was hoping that would be the way to go. Does this method leave a faded edge ,which is what i'm after ?

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
It is a little soft side Pete I would not call it feathered as such. You can manage it a little by altering the angle of spray to make it a spot harder or softer.