Tamiya Yoshimura Hayabusa X1

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
looking good troy - old bloke at work has one and he loves it, keep looking for one on flee bay so i can build it for him -will watch with intrest

simon

T

troysr20

Thanks Simon. Must be a awesome bike for street riding, but I wouldn't want to know what it cost! I saw one for you from Hiroboy in the UK on there website. Check it out.

Builds been going a bit slow guys. My 2yr old reckons he also has to work on it so now I only get a little bit done after his gone to sleep.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
coming along nicely starting to take shape the naked bike is the bit I like best - shame that to finish them we have to wrap them in fairings, not done any builds recently - well not models anyway - bought an old 1980s xt 250 from eBay looked ok since then I have stripped it completely i hope to restore it to its new condition got most of the parts just no time - also put in a new wood burning stove for the boss and re-decorated the living room as per her instructions hopefully I will get back to my own projects when she releases me from this servitude

lol

T

troysr20

Thanks guys. On to the fairings now and clean up a little bit before they go on.

Colour scheme on the box shows a 2 tone gunmetal and bright red combo yet in the instructions they say to spray it black and red. I see someone on the forum, not sure who it was, has done it in the black and red scheme. Not quite my cup of tea, so I'm thinking of going with a light gunmetal and chrome silver base/clear orange top (candy apple orange if thats right).

T

troysr20

Hi guys. Looking for some advice. I sprayed a metal cote silver base with a clear orange over it, i'm trying to get a candy apple type orange from it but the first few coats gave a gold color and the more coats I gave the more bronze it got. How do I get the type of orange i'm looking for?

T

troysr20

Hi, small update.

Had to strip all the paint off as the clear coat had started eating the acrylic clear orange. So, started a new, coated slightly less of the clear orange so don't have such a bronze look to it anymore. Still not quite what I had envisioned though. Part in the pic was sprayed last night so must still get a polish and then a acrylic clear coat.

View attachment 54304

View attachment 56536

2012-12-06 07.24.32.jpg