Testers Sherman 1\35th

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
ive always wanted to build a testor model so i will also be keeping a close one on you bud

geegad

B

Buttonman

Don't touch it, it's a pile of ****. Everything on the bottom of this thing went together loverly wheels went together magic, then all the top bits went on loverly.

Then it started the top doesn't fit the bottom,

massive gap on front, then when i put it correct.

Then when i thought nothing else could go wrong, i fitted the top whirly thing and put the lugs into the slot as per usual turned it 90 deg and this happend

Bloody thing dropped out not even touching the sides.

So had a WWRD moment and threw it in the box and got on with my loverly plane.

Martin

D

dubster72

That looks like my Eastern Express KV-1 that's been shoved to the back of the cupboard Martin!

Shame it's so poor but I reckon with your skills, you'll make it fit somehow!

Cheers

Patrick

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Keep your chin up and your glue ready...I'm sure u can sort it from what I've seen your doing a good job with the parts that they have supplied...and thanks for the heads up with the testor brand I doff my cap to u

Geegad

B

Buttonman

Hi guys well just got my money back from the. Frome model center young chap in there rang his supplier who then checked his stock and all his are the same looks like testers quality control is gonna have a hard job explaining that one and also who ever made there mold tool !

Martin

Ps still not heard from testers

M

mobear

at least they have been alerted to it martin,good on ya mate

mobear

C

CDW

seems the kits the same as the italeri kit i'm doing at the mo. the top and bottom needed a good bit of persuasion.

there are two little lugs that need to be attached to the lugs already on the turret to stop it just falling out on this kit.

*edit* in fact i can see them in your first picture, bits 104 on the "a" sprue

Last edited:
B

Buttonman

it wasn't just the tabs not being long enough the whole turret was to small the breach wouldn't fit and the hatches were massive

C

CDW

Yeah the breach seemed too large on this one, it eventually clipped into the turret opening though just needed a little waggle and a push.

I've had a look-see on t'interweb, confirming that Italeri and Testors are the same kits .... lots of people on other sites have made the same sort of comments about the same fit quality that we've mentioned here.

Shame you didn't push on with it Martin, i've mangled this one into a fairly solid looking Sherman ... got a few extra grey hairs in the process though :smiling3: :smiling3: