The Balsa Gods Got Me!

W

Wowbagger

I must have done something to upset the Balsa Gods somewhere along the line, cos today they got me!

I took my Limbo Dancer and Ripmax delta and had a ball until... I'd been dragging a wingtip in the grass with the Limbo and was razzing around with the delta when I thought I'd try it with that too. Well, came whistling across the strip nice and low, then started a gentle bank until the wingtip just barely brushed the grass. The second the tip touched it pulled the nose into the ground like a big hand had jumped out of the ground and snatched it under! It went cartwheeling up the field with the odd crunching noise and one propeller blade describing a lovely parabola over the self destructing delta. Then all was quiet and I thought, "Bo*****s". :shucks:

Got off light really, considering. Broken prop' and a crumpled wingtip. I don't think I'll try it with a delta again! Perhaps the Balsa Gods didn't like the fact that I had the field all to myself on a lovely, calm(ish), sunny day...

Got me thinking about flying superstition - like never say out load to everyone that your last flight is your last flight. Disaster will surely follow.

Never say, "Hey guys, watch this!" Because all they'll see is some idiot completely wreck his model!

You got any?

A

adzam

there was a time in linlithgow loch with a rc yacht on a lovely mid summer afternoon,

nice and calm, then there was a gust (which probably equivalent to gale force 10 on this model) .all of a sudden it keeled over ! my exasperated operations on the sticks done nothing but cause a heavy sweat and red cheeks !. alas to no avail the bow risen and it slipped beneath the waves quicker than i could pull the antenae down on the handset .

so was a short afternoon at linlithgow for me. i promptly headed for the car and perused a couple of magazines i had stowed away for such an emergency ,

Adz..