the bridge over the river why?

D

dubster72

That's looking really good Andy, I'll be watching with interest.

Cheers

Patrick

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice looking bridge Andrew. Do you have anything planned to cross it yet - vehicle, troops?

Looks like it's going to be a great dio.

All the best

Paul

First Name
Aaron
This is well wicked Andrew. Will look choice with a few cats under the bridge.

M

mobear

my brain must be mush,i was thinking trolls and goats lol,darn it,troop carrier(german)GIs or brits under,nice ambush.

mobear

T

tommy1drop

Andy that bridge is looking great mate, the ground work is amazing and the amount of detail is superb, looking forward to seeing how you finish it.

Tom

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Andrew, just playing catch up after a weeks absence and I've just had a relaxing read of your build thread.....

This is top drawer stuff, great scratch building coupled with a very nice river.

I'm glad to read you adopt the same method as me for dios'..........Just a rough idea and let it develop and alter as the build progresses.

Very nice,

Ron

First Name
Aaron
I use mulled up green scour pads then i go over that with a mix of 3 railroad grasses (coloured sawdust i suspect lol) Some herb instead might work.

I paint the pva on the branch ends for better controll as apossed to spraying it.

HTH

Edit: The way i do it has been for "busy" full trees i havent done it for your style of wire frame, might not matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

phalinmegob

i suspect that i may have to make more branches as they look a little sparse

C

CDW

I use the herbs route normally but am giving Aarons scouring pads idea a shot next time i need a tree, will be adding the herbs over the top of the scourer for a little extra depth and effect.

You branches might look sparse but when you have the foliage on them they will look a little more "filled out", rather than make more branches just make a couple more trees like those and it'll look nice and natural Andrew

B

Boldman

The first one of these sorts of trees I made was for my Tilly diorama. I used Tetrion filler over the twisted wire frame and when it was alomst dry I scratched it with a needle to make the bark. It looked pretty good until I started putting foliage on it then it looked TERRIBLE lol! So off came the foliage and it got converted into a "dead"tree :smiling3:

SO I'm afraid I can't entirely help you on the foliage front. I did get some bits from Woodland scenics, but I've never got around to building another tree since

First Name
Aaron
Those trees look good just a different "type" for the foilage i was describing, if that makes sence.

P

pneupack

Excellent work on this diorama a lot of interesting ideas hope for me in the future : ).

Robert

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice trees all round, good discussion and some great tips too boys.

Cheers,

Ron

P

phalinmegob

well i think it turned out better than i expected, a few months ago,i went model train exhibition amd picked up some bags of scatter and stuff that a guy was selling cheap from under a table and one of the bags contained this stuff which i have used, only problem is that the bags had no names on so i dont know what it is called but it is like a stringy net covered in little balls of fluff and it seems to do the trick.i have made two but i think one will do on the dio for now.

View attachment 44722View attachment 44723View attachment 44724View attachment 44725

View attachment 47883

View attachment 47884

View attachment 47885

View attachment 47886

P280412_22.19.jpg

P280412_22.19_[01].jpg

P280412_22.20.jpg

P280412_22.21.jpg