The Cruel Lady (Meng late Achzirat)

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
T

tommy1drop

Nice looking kit Steve, are you going to do a blog on this?

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
If time allows yes, though i a am not the fastest builder and with the Ice hockey season coming up soon (team photographer), updates may not be that frequent and fast :D :D;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
If time allows yes, though i a am not the fastest builder and with the Ice hockey season coming up soon (team photographer), updates may not be that frequent and fast :D :D;)
I hope you put on a build thread Steve

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Unique and complicated choice, plenty to fiddle with and good opportunity to gear it up:rolleyes:.........................Jim:smiling3:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As there is a bit of interest I will try my first ever build log;

The kit comprises of beige / brown and white plastic parts including clear plastic for the vision ports and lens. 188 track links in black plastic, a fully detailed crew compartment and hatches that can be left open / closed, though why you build the interior and shut the hatches is beyond me. Its quite a beast in 1/35 coming out at 22.6 cm long and 11 cm tall.

Stock photo of parts;

View attachment 115747

Spent an evening removing the tracks from the sprues and cleaning up, unlike the Meng Bradley / Renault FT17 i have, these do not click together as workable tracks, so will need to be glued together around the wheels a bit later on.

Next was the construction of the wheels (from 5 separate pieces and these look excellent) then i moved onto the belly of the beast, adding the axles, which needed reducing as per the instructions, I just cut bits off till the wheels sat flush on the axle.

The rear access door was added next ( in hindsight might have been best to leave till nearer the end, maybe I will be able to pop it off its hinges).

View attachment 115748

View attachment 115749

Nice weld detail on the drive covering, any glue marks to be cleaned up before any painting.

Next up is the interior built in various stages, will build the whole interior and then spray in off white and highlight pass in white, with dirt streaks, dust and scuffing added.

View attachment 115750

View attachment 115751

menss-008_9_1433397247.jpg

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

D

dubster72

Lots of lovely little parts & great details there Steve! It looks a good kit

D

dougie

Cool, I like the use of black under white to add a touch of depth, I will use this in the future. Looking nice so far

P

Polux

Looking very good, magnificent paintwork so far.

Oh! I love this kind of threads..... detailed and with excellent photos ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start and good progress so far, ;)

liking this one,

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
love meng kits the detail is quality i was looking at getting this kit so i will be keeping up with your build

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Yep quality is superb along with all the little details, defo my (new) favourite manufacturer, up there with Tamiya.