'THE DREAM MACHINE' Honda Roadpal 1979 scooter.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is my 1/12 Honda Roadpal scooter from 1979. Although this looks complete there is still some bits to do and some figures to add, when they arrive.

So, as is the norm with me, it is a wreck. The bike is painted yellow and thanks to the superb tips I have faded in a light yellow/cream. The chrome work has been distressed by dotting with aluminium paint to represent wear. There is three rust pigments added and a grey powder mix. Tamiya clear paints for the lights. The seat has been worn and I added some fine sponge to show the filling. This is OOB, and the only thing that lets it down are the spokes, a bit too thick but not the end of the world.

The dio board, is place-mat with a floor tile cut down and added for the drive, the top coating was peeled away to show the pattern. The fence is lollipop sticks shaped and worn with wood poles. These have been stained, dried-varnished-salted-over coat (white at the front and blue on the back), left to nearly dry then a soft toothbrush used to remove the salt-once dry a crackel paint was added to give the effect of peeling then it was matt varnished. The reverse has a small garden area-with various grasses, small tiles (weathered) and bushes added to a white gravel border.

Some items I had dotted around, a large fuel can, motor oil, spanner.

There are some more tools to add, a lad sitting cross-legged working on his prized bike and his sister looking on in disdain-these are to add.

I apologise for not doing a more detailed break down but my lad has borrowed the camera for college and I only got back tonight.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 79951

View attachment 79952

View attachment 79953

View attachment 79954

View attachment 79955

View attachment 79956

DSCF2821.JPG

DSCF2816.JPG

DSCF2815.JPG

DSCF2814.JPG

DSCF2812.JPG

DSCF2810.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Willi262

Yeah, that looks like it's been sitting without a tarp since 1979...

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Looks great so far mate I'm impressed with all the textures you've put on that moped ( the mod in me made me say that )

The figures will add that human touch to it mate

Great build so far mate but I will give it that accolade when it's done :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That's looking great mate I'm going to get some of that crackle paint I like the look of it

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great little dio Si , so much attention given to detail i do like it,

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thanks guys, should be finished by next weekend, glad you like it.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: You cannot have your imagination under control Si

:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

One word: exquisite... ;)

Polux
I wouldn't go that far Polux, but thank you, appreciate the very kind sentiment. As for imagination...hmmm, what else is wreck-able :D

M

m1ks

Incredible. The weathering is great! Look forward to seeing the completed dio, I'm amazed already.