The good old days, The Model

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
This is the old Matchbox 1:76 scale L.R.D.G. 30cwt Chevrolet & Jeep, i thought it was lost forever but now Revell have the old molds so i just had to get it. I built this as a kid and wanted to know how it would look now i had the experience (well, now i know how to use a brush anyway).

The wall on the dio base was modified on the back to look like a wall and not just plastic, and thats about it. The rest was built straight out of the box, i have fun and some very nice memories too.

View attachment 12755View attachment 12754View attachment 12753View attachment 12751View attachment 12750View attachment 12748View attachment 12749View attachment 12752

Have fun, John

View attachment 21784

View attachment 21785

View attachment 21786

View attachment 21787

View attachment 21788

View attachment 21789

View attachment 21790

View attachment 21791

Photo368..jpg

Photo367..jpg

Photo366..jpg

Photo364..jpg

Photo370..jpg

Photo365..jpg

Photo362..jpg

Photo363..jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent stuff John...as usual!

A nice compact diorama too, with plenty to look at.

The detail and bits on the vehicle is really well painted and weathered considering the small scale.

Picture 3 tickles me, I know the SAS were a tough bunch, but a one armed Chevy driver????LOL

Carry on having fun John.

Ron

F

Fenlander

Very nice. they did some great little diorama in the old Matchbox kits. I really must find Monty's Caravan and get on with it.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
great stuff john,well done. Dont you just love these little gems?!im in the middle of the wespe at the mo, and im really enjoying doing it, ive got mini armour bug ,big time! cheers tony

N

noble

This is sweet mate i used to have one of these years ago, my god its been a long while since i have seen one of these kits i love, also nice work on the build.

scott

N

noble

I had an old english teacher who was sas during the war the man was as tough as they come and as fruity as a nut cake all he ever talked about in class was the loch ness monster.

R

Richy C

I love it John , I have a big fascination with the SAS and LRDG , tempted to try a small scale dio myself now.

Richy

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks much lads, give it a go Richy you'll love the 1:76 scale. Your eyes won't though lol. Went to model shop today and Revell have a lot of the old Matchbox 1:76 molds but, in the shop they stay. Still got Monty's Caravan that me and Graham will be doing sometime when i have my eyes back.

Have fun, John