The GROUP BUILD Poll.

One person four votes use them wisely...

• Build a building: Build a Historical Building. Not a Ruin.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maintenance; Any genre, just as long as its being maintained

• Horse! Again pretty open just has to have a horse as the star of the show

• The Resistance: freedom fighters, etc.

• Aircraft of the Japanese Empire in WWII

• The Elite: Not your run of the mill grunt but the best of the best. SAS, SBS, Royal Marines,

• Railway. Things that run on the railways.

• A sail boat. As per title. build a boat powered by the wind.

• A rally car. Build it clean, build it dirty.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Chose wisely.

From the choice of subjects so far, I would imagine that what ever gets through will be good.

Think about it and vote wisely.

Due to me being thick you should be able to vote for 4 builds. The new forum software allows loads of questions but I cant set the number of votes. So PLEASE be fair and only vote on 4 favourites..

Any questions Ask BEFORE you vote.

Ian M

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CDW

I've casted my vote, for the building job .... You state no ruins ... Would the fact that theres a ruined chapel attached to a architecturally sound building be OK as I'd like to have a bash at Holyrood House?

No worries if I have to change as I have loads of ideas.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nope as long as there is a solid and sound building I cant see the person that said no ruins objecting. I Say go for it.

By the way you did see that you can vote on 4.

\ said:
I've casted my vote, for the building job .... You state no ruins ... Would the fact that theres a ruined chapel attached to a architecturally sound building be OK as I'd like to have a bash at Holyrood House?No worries if I have to change as I have loads of ideas.

P

Polux

The building one...

It can be a kit? or have to be SB?

Thanks

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I have the Bates mansion from Psycho would that be classed as okay for the building one? As Polux pints out, this is a kit, or does it have to be SB?

Si:smiling3:

C

CDW

\ said:
By the way you did see that you can vote on 4.
Could only get one clicky thing to work on the tablet mate, now I've clicked to confirm vote I can't edit from what I can see

Also I read the top line and followed the rule

One person one vote.. Use it well

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sorry about that Colin. I made a bit of a cock up there.

Colin might better reply to your questions, Si and Polux. It was after all his idea.

My view is that we are not all scratch builders. Are there kits of full buildings..... I only ever seen ruins.

Ian M

C

CDW

No problems Ian ... I like the idea of all of them anyway, I can pick and choose what I enter anyway, next year I'm considering trying lots more outside my comfort zone after learning so much from the other forum members who are OK with such subjects :smiling3:

There's some Plastic model kit castles from the likes of Zvezda.... And Pegasus do buildings I think.

I personally don't think it matters if its scratch built or not, It would be nice to see what can be made of some plastic kits ... I'm just more into making it myself ....

Plastic kit, cardboard, balsa, plaster, polyfiller, styrene sheet .. Its up to the builder I say!!

That OK with you Ian?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Fine by me!

I might even have a go at this, love architecture but build a Historic building.... yikes!

When we say hysterical building di we mean OLD or of actual historical value?

Ian M

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I also brought the build a building suggestion to the table with the idea that whatever is the chosen subject it is not to be part of a diorama - it is the subject of the build after all - and can be kitbuilt/bashed or from scratch. That's just the thoughts behind my suggestion and have my shortlist of chosen models already!

You can see one of them here - http://edfulasz.com/images/KIT018-001.jpg

And the other here - http://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/Item/40600/page/1

But which one do I do?

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
Sorry about that Colin. I made a bit of a cock up there.Colin might better reply to your questions, Si and Polux. It was after all his idea.

My view is that we are not all scratch builders. Are there kits of full buildings..... I only ever seen ruins.

Ian M
"Are there kits of full buildings..... I only ever seen ruins."

Absolutely! Our model railway builders are spoiled for choice when it comes to buildings. Faller, Kibri, Auhagen, Artitec, Downtown deco, Walthers, DPM, etc.

C

CDW

I like the dyehouse mate .. You could add the odd lean-to or outhouse or fitters shop which were always knocking around, or at least they were in all the dyehouses in the midlands.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I really am spoiled for choice with this poll. I looked in my stash - Japanese aircraft, check. Buildings, check. Maintenance, got a German armoured service vehicle. Railways, well where do I start? Can I enter my in progress 6' x 18" Scottish Highland layout?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
"Are there kits of full buildings..... I only ever seen ruins."Absolutely! Our model railway builders are spoiled for choice when it comes to buildings. Faller, Kibri, Auhagen, Artitec, Downtown deco, Walthers, DPM, etc.
Well there you are then I might have a look after some O gauge bits.

As for the 6X8 layout, if you have not started it and you can finish it in three months, and wait for the start date.... Better just to say No.

I'm off to find a building.....just in case it wins.........

Ian M

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
Well there you are then I might have a look after some O gauge bits.As for the 6X8 layout, if you have not started it and you can finish it in three months, and wait for the start date.... Better just to say No.

I'm off to find a building.....just in case it wins.........

Ian M
You could try one of these extremes of scale....

http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=FA110111&style=&strType=&Mcode=Faller 110111

or this....http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=SS19&style=main&strType=&Mcode=Wills SS19

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Is that a yes then? I can build my Bates mansion.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Seems its a yes mate :smiling3:
Righto, will get the bits together then. First time for me building anything in a build-off type thing so a tad nervous...in fact, cacking myself. Making something and showing it off is one thing but when it is to be judged by others, against other builds that is something else...:eek: Maybe I'm not just ready enough, or good enough.

C

CDW

Its not a competition mate, and no-one will ctiticise your work ... Not on here anyway .... You'll just end up with a thread full of your progress and other members compliments and any hints or tricks they can offer.... Its all fun at the end of the day. :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Si relax. its all fun and by far no form of contest.

B**ger everybody else you are building it for one person. YOU. We all just help each other where we can.

Ian M

Status
Not open for further replies.