The hobbit escape from goblin town

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have had these figures for a little while now. It is the Games workshop The Hobbit game. In the box is all the Dwarves Gandalf and Bilbo Baggins plus a large number of goblins. It also contains parts to make up the wooden platforms that form goblin town.

I have assembled and painted the base and will have the characters trying to escape the Goblin hordes.

View attachment 91108

View attachment 91109

WP_000147.jpg

WP_000149.jpg

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks god. I used to paint citadel stuff years ago. Orcs, gretchins & snotlings mainly. Never really understood the game, just enjoyed painting the figures. :D

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I could never be bothered to play any of the games, always took too long and too complicated. I always have a few Games workshop figures lying around for when i start to get bored of making cars or bikes which is what i normally do

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking nice, I have made many of these Warhammer etc in the past for my lad. Should turn out to look very good, are you adding anything or just OOB?

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

Looking very good!!!!!!!!!!!!

A LOR diorama, you have all my attention now ;)

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I may add a few bits i have got lying around in my spares box.

This is part of a larger project i am working on which is to paint all of the characters from Lord of the rings and The Hobbit

S

steve scan

I have done a few of these from time to time and enjoy them a lot, this is looking great.

T

tommy1drop

Looking good, my 3 sons all grew up making these and the Warhammer 40,000 Chaos Space Marines and the vehicles, I really enjoyed watching them paint and then play with them, looking forward to seeing more of your build;)

D

dubster72

I'd like to see more of this stuff, although I'm a tad confused about Goblin Town? Is that something that features in the films & not the book?

I won't watch anything by Peter Jackson after his awful LOTR films!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real like the sounds of this will be watching,been a big LOTR, fan as well

great start Gandalfand the Dwarve look great, thats what i like about these figures you can us color ,great

look forward to seeing more, ;)