The Magnificent 5! + a Stug.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
After I had finished the recent diorama I stage built on the forum a couple of weeks ago, I put my mind to vehicles and figures.

The photos are the result....I hope you like them. I have a few others I will post if anyone would like to see them.

The players are an Academy Sturmgeshutz, decked out in Ron's patented kitchen roll cammo netting!! and the Tamiya 'Machine gunners on maneuvers' (1.35th scale)

:cheers:

Ron

View attachment 19744

View attachment 19745

View attachment 19746

View attachment 19747

View attachment 19748

View attachment 19749

View attachment 19750

View attachment 19751

View attachment 19752

View attachment 19753

fin. dio.sept 2009 120.jpg

fin. dio.sept 2009 122.jpg

fin. dio.sept 2009 018.jpg

fin. dio.sept 2009 011.jpg

fin. dio.sept 2009 013.jpg

fin. dio.sept 2009 034.jpg

fin. dio.sept 2009 037.jpg

fin. dio.sept 2009 044.jpg

fin. dio.sept 2009 046.jpg

fin. dio.sept 2009 048.jpg

S

Sky Raider

Truely out of this world mate. and you say i am good. Never be able to do what you do. Please post the other pics, you should know better than to ask, we are always intrested in your work mate. Outstanding achievement.

Well done, hope to see more very soon.

Andy

D

dubster72

Very nice Ron, love the detail in there. Gives it a real sense of the period & makes you feel like you're right there. Post up those other pics mate! Patrick

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
All i can say is WOW!! (again). :music_too

I'm speechless, John

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I think you an' 'Noble' are conspiring together to make me run out of superlatives! This is the second amazing diarama I've seen this weekend! Wonderful stuff. I ain't 'alf glad I found this site.

Gern

PS I was right in my earlier posts about this scene. I would definitely not be welcoming these visitors!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thank's to you all for the nice comments......

It is very satisfying to be doing something I thoroughly enjoy and giving people pleasure when they see the end result.

In the few months I have been on this forum I have yet to see a snipe or an unkind remark made about folks work, no matter how modest the effort...and I don't think I ever will!!

Although I have never met any of you, I feel part of a great, big boy's family.

Thank you for that.

Ron

N

noble

Dude this is sweeeeetttt the detail in the diorama is exceptional but it just finishes it off when you add the armour deffinately outstanding mate i love it keep them coming.

Scott

N

noble

Just to let you know mate ive rated this five stars you deserve it .

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
WA HO!! FIVE STARS, great stuff, Scott, thanks.

Trully humbling to think you rate it so highly....Mind you, I must confess to being well chuffed with the end result myself, but five stars!!!!!

Now what next? No, the wife has told me I have to chop some logs ready for winter. Can't chop wood in the dark though, can I boys? He He!!

Thanks again, Scott.

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
once again top notch work ron,really puts the final piece in the jigsaw.Fantastic dio and stug ,superb photography too really effective lighting.Im hoping i can do half as well if i ever get round to doing my desert scene!(im still looking for a decent 1/72 bf 109f) Brilliant work, keep it up,ron. cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
once again top notch work ron,really puts the final piece in the jigsaw.Fantastic dio and stug ,superb photography too really effective lighting.Im hoping i can do half as well if i ever get round to doing my desert scene!(im still looking for a decent 1/72 bf 109f) Brilliant work, keep it up,ron. cheers tony
Thanks for the kind words Tony. Glad you liked the end result. I was asked by our friends to put up some extra pickies which pleased me loads.

Anyway, what would you consider a decent make of kit for a 109f?

I know armour kits vary in quality but this can be hidden by mud and dirt but I guess an aircraft has to be right from the word go.....No hiding place for bad moulding, eh!

:beer:

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Thanks for the kind words Tony. Glad you liked the end result. I was asked by our friends to put up some extra pickies which pleased me loads.Anyway, what would you consider a decent make of kit for a 109f?

I know armour kits vary in quality but this can be hidden by mud and dirt but I guess an aircraft has to be right from the word go.....No hiding place for bad moulding, eh!

:beer:

Ron
Im looking to get either the italeri kit (about £8)or the fine molds kit(about£15!!) .I got the old frog kit which has the correct decals,but the kit is VERY basic ,i wanted to get something better to equal the quality of the hasegawa kubelwagen. Im going to the newark show this weekend so hopefully ill get one,i cant wait to start chucking that budgie sand about!!! cheers tony