The Painter's Suitcase.

P

Polux

Hi all!

This is one will be my first diorama using the craftsman kits. (and some scratchbuild...)

The dimensions of the base are really reduced. Thought.... I have many kits and not enough surface.....

So yes! That meens that I don’t know exactly the distribution of the diorama :smiling3:  

The items are:

Mooney’s Plumbing Emporium    # 0822 Bar Mills #

DSC_0348.JPG

Utility Sheds   # 0702 Bar mills #

DSC_0345.JPG

Furlow Freight & Transfer   # 0712 Bar Mills #

DSC_0344.JPG

Crossing Shacks   # 0792 Bar Mills #  

DSC_0346.JPG

PS: Hi Ian......I don't know if post it here or in the layouts section. Please move if is it necessary!! Thanks.

Last edited:
P

Polux

THE BASE.

The Painter’s Suitcase is a strange name for a small diorama, isn’t it?

Maybe I choice this name, because, a painter’s suitcase is exactly what I will use as a base.

It looks so new...., so will be fun do a paintwork weathering on the suitcase as well.

DSC_0350.JPG

P

Polux

DETAILING

Those craftsman kits are surprising. The level of realism that you can obtain is major than the plastic ones (almost is my opinion...). So I thought the complements and the vegetation should be more credible as well.

I usually work at a major scale, so is difficult to obtain some natural stuff that you can add at 1/87 scale, lol!! But I will try!!

This is the result after a lovely walk around the mountain the other day. I recollected some interesting plants that can be used. The idea is create the major realism on the scene as possible. “Both plants are dried”

DSC_0358.JPG

Thanks for looking.
Polux

First Name
Gwyn
Will you be able to pop it all in the painters suitcase and then carry it to any future shows? I am sure it will be good enough. 

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great start polux , this ones been a long time coming , hope the train isnt late too !! . Nice work looking forward to the next bit , cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Wonderful work so far Polux, and the idea is brilliant!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice Polux,real like how you getting the weathered timber look with these,s build,looks good, :D

D

Deleted member 3568

Superb, looking forward to another of your masterpieces. 

First Name
Stuart
DETAILING

Those craftsman kits are surprising. The level of realism that you can obtain is major than the plastic ones (almost is my opinion...). So I thought the complements and the vegetation should be more credible as well.

I usually work at a major scale, so is difficult to obtain some natural stuff that you can add at 1/87 scale, lol!! But I will try!!

This is the result after a lovely walk around the mountain the other day. I recollected some interesting plants that can be used. The idea is create the major realism on the scene as possible. “Both plants are dried”

View attachment 258448

Thanks for looking.
Polux

It looks great already,definitely following this build.