The prize of Ponyri

N

noble

Hi folks this piece is entitled The prize of Ponyri, it takes place after the battle for Ponyri this is the first time the elephant was used in battle and because of the steep incline of hill 253.3 most of the engines of these gun platforms overheated or caught fire and exploded. The brave russian infantry soilders of the 5th guards army assaulted this elephant and managed to kill one of it's crew. The photographers are photographing the triumphant moment, the elephant is 1/35 from italeri and the russians are masterbox. I hope you like it and as usual all comments good or bad are most welcome.

scott

View attachment 53682

View attachment 53683

View attachment 53684

View attachment 53685

View attachment 53686

View attachment 53687

View attachment 53688

View attachment 53689

View attachment 53690

The prize of Ponyri 1.jpg

The prize of Ponyri 2.jpg

The prize of Ponyri 3.jpg

The prize of Ponyri 4.jpg

The prize of Ponyri 5.jpg

The prize of Ponyri 6.jpg

The prize of Ponyri 7.jpg

The prize of Ponyri 8.jpg

The prize of Ponyri 9.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Scott.

An interesting bit of info on the back ground. A good little diorama- I do like that long grass, who makes that.

Ian M

K

Keith9657

Terrific, Scott. A diorama-ist of the highest quality. I love dioramas but mine would turn out like a pavement pizza with a bit of plastic in the middle. 5* from me.

Keith

N

noble

\ said:
Nice one Scott.An interesting bit of info on the back ground. A good little diorama- I do like that long grass, who makes that.

Ian M
Hi ian it is Teddy bear fur you can buy it from fabric shops ian.

scott

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A brilliant diorama Scott, and the back story really brings it to life.

And what a great tip for the grass, gonna borrow that one if I may.

5 well earned stars sir.

Tony.

P

Polux

Really nice one, love the scene and the story!! The elephant has little details making it very nice.

Great work Scott, 5* from me too.

Cheers. Polux

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another nice story backed up by a cracking build! ***** from me too.

Gern

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Fantastic work Scott. A bit of shock factor with the dead soldier being paraded for the camera.

Steve

N

noble

Thanks again for all the great comments guys, after what the Germans did to the Russian people and especially after Stalingrad the Russians killed every German solider they found very rarely was there many prisoners taken. Scenes like this I imagine we're quite common place.

scott

T

tommy1drop

Hi Scott great work, love the figures and the grass, and that Elephant is brilliant, top notch dio mate.

Tom

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Well Scott mate, this is one very nice build. I could tell you about Поныри (Ponyri) but i think you've done it with this build mate. Top work and well worth more stars but five will have to do.

Have fun, John

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Brilliant diorama Scott, and that background information is very interesting.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Dear me, missed this too....Sorry Scott.

I do like this mate, so much crammed into a small diorama. Great story too.

I built this same kit a while ago. Although a cheaper kit, I found it a nice kit to build......Then I decided to wreck it didn't I?

Take care,

Ron

C

Caledonia

Lovely Dio and some great figure painting, especially the faces, 5 Star. Derek

B

beav1013

trying to get caught up on these threads. amazing job on the terrain scott. a real beauty overall. great job.

F

Fenlander

Hi Scott, good to see you are still doing these very nice little dioramas. I remember the first time you used the Teddy Fur grass, it looked amazing then and still does. Great concept and so well done.