The red baron.

K

Kressy13

Hi guys. Been thinking about this for a bit. What would have things looked like if WW1 never ended. Not for a good while anyway. What if the red baron was never shot down and killed. I think he would have loved to fly one of the best aircraft from the WW2 era. I got this little kit at the shops today and will be doing it up as the baron's aircraft. It's an airfix 109 E-4. I must say the Emil is my favorite 109. Should look interesting.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 53366

51hsoHRg9IL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
See now that's a good idea. Welcome aboard and have fun.

Ian M

K

Kressy13

Thanks for the support guys. Bit done on this. Just got the halves together and the wings on. Cockpit is nothing special. Very basic.

Cheers

View attachment 53414

109 RB.jpg

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
What a cracking idea Kresten, cant wait to see how it comes out mate.

Tony.

First Name
Andy
\ said:
What if the red baron was never shot down and killed. I think he would have loved to fly one of the best aircraft from the WW2 era.Cheers

Kresten
I'm glad we never had to find that one out, BoB might of had a very different outcome...

K

Kressy13

\ said:
I'm glad we never had to find that one out, BoB might of had a very different outcome...
Have to agree with you on that one.

K

Kressy13

Hi guys. Got this one sprayed. It's very, umm, RED!!!! Not sure what colour I should do the spinner, need to mix it up with the red.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 53501

109 RB 1.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Coming on now kresten, are you going to have the ww1 style crosses? cheers tony

First Name
Dave
I think it should have WW2 style markings as them the Baron would have flown it if he was still around.I think a black spinner would look good.

P

Polux

Looking good and........red so far!!!

If I can say....prefer wwI style!!

Is going very nice Kresten.

T

treyzx10r

Really cool so far Kresten,eagerly awaiting the next update!

K

Kressy13

Cheers guys. Still not sure about the markings. I got a red baron kit so I have the WW1 markings and the WW2 markings. Maybe WW2 with the WW1 cross on the tail instead of the swastika? Let me know what you guys think.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
How about a white tail and white sections on the wings where the crosses go, Dr1 style, then whichever version of cross you think looks best, cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well if you are going on the premise that WWI didn't end, I would say go for the WWI markings, White box black cross, white tail. As for the spinner, I would go white on that as well and a white front on the nose cowling.

Ian M

K

Kressy13

Thanks guys. Something like this pic then Tony, except on the 109 of course. I like your idea Ian. Thing i'll go with the WW1 style. This is going to be fun to mask.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 53516

red baron.jpg