The Restoration Yard

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Hi gang....
Been work busy, knackered, so not benchtime other than perusing stuff. But, the ol' evilbay has given me a quandry lol, a seller with 3 sets of 72nd modern civvie figs, but one would like to use poses from all sets lol, so, looks like imma forty summink golden nuggets in for all three lmao
20220813_193358.jpg
20220813_193433.jpg
20220813_193415.jpg
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! yup ordered, i can cherrypick laters lol
Nick

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I'll be interested in what you think of those figures. I don't think I've come across 3D printed figures before although I'm sure they'll rapidly become more common.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I'll be interested in what you think of those figures. I don't think I've come across 3D printed figures before although I'm sure they'll rapidly become more common.
The advent of resin printers mean that 3D printed figures are rapidly taking over the fantasy market Jim. Historicals are lagging behind somewhat, but will increasingly become commonplace I think.

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi gang....
Been work busy, knackered, so not benchtime other than perusing stuff. But, the ol' evilbay has given me a quandry lol, a seller with 3 sets of 72nd modern civvie figs, but one would like to use poses from all sets lol, so, looks like imma forty summink golden nuggets in for all three lmao
View attachment 460800
View attachment 460801
View attachment 460802
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! yup ordered, i can cherrypick latwrs lol
Nick
They look very good Nick. Interesting poses as well.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Do those who produce and sell 3D stuff print to order? I have very little understanding of this process but am I right in thinking that the figure details are somehow transferred from a computer to the printer and you press 'go'. So if I ordered a figure then one would be printed to fulfill my order :rolling:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
As I understand it Jim you can buy pre printed from some outlets, like Nick’s above, or buy the files to print yourself. I haven’t bought 3D prints directly, but some sculpts are now obviously casts of original 3D renders and I’ve had some of those. The Atlantis miniatures Ogres I posted back in May were cast from 3D renders. Digital sculpting will dominate the market in short order as well, because it is so easy to translate it to the finished product.

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Jimbo
I posted up 3mths ago a few purchases
on latest acquisitions some 72nd 3D sets of figs i bought from a seller 4-5mls away, i shared his ebay dhop here and on our clubpage, then he disappeared off ebay but I've found his "shop' on Esty
20220330_144658.jpg
20220430_135309.jpg
Top, U.S. (M4) tank riders, Lower Brit/Cmmnwlth seated lorry troops w/berets, both set in 1/72nd.
Nick

Reactions: JR

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Do those who produce and sell 3D stuff print to order? I have very little understanding of this process but am I right in thinking that the figure details are somehow transferred from a computer to the printer and you press 'go'. So if I ordered a figure then one would be printed to fulfill my order :rolling:
Jim
You can either purchase 'print' @ whatever scale you require....or buy the File to print your own etc, me i buy prints, i know its coming....that new world 'hobby' order :smiling5: :smiling5: :smiling5: :smiling5: :smiling5:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I get yer meaning Nick.........damn things are even available in 1-87 scale resin printed! :thinking: Luvvin what you have done so far, try some different diameter holes in your range target....wont look like you peppered it with birdshot......and a little less monotonous.
just a thought before hittin' the hay. ;)

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Konichi wa ‍
Update...... Toyota arrived..... :thumb2: Very pleased with the print, clipped body off supports..... a couple of wheels.....
Re: sherman A1 hull, got a bit of flak on other platforms about regularity and uniformity, tbh what i was trying to avoid, guess as you age the 'random' becomes planned :thinking::smiling:
20220825_191551.jpg
20220825_191535.jpg

There is some clean up coming, lovely print.
Sherman...... i have 8+ Heller M4/M4A2 kits...... one will enter the scene.....
Still mad, still having fun ...Sugoi!!!!!
Niho

Attachments

• 20220825_191521.jpg
    20220825_191521.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 0

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Room for one more please Niho. Shall follow .
Love this idea of 3D printing, definitely going to change our hobby considerably over the next few years . I envy the younger guys as to what will be available over the next 20 years .