The road to Moscow...1/10 bust

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great work Jason. The buckles and straps have come out particularly well. Looking forward to seeing the next update

First Name
Jason
Hi all...
Jim R... many thanks for your support ... I feel the same about anyone out there who paints tanks, planes and anything else...the beauty of figures for me is that there is a certain amount of licence that you don’t get with vehicles and other things... in effect the face turns out how it turns out as we can all look different...when I’ve done other things like armour or planes any irregularities stand out too much for me... but you can get away with irregularities on a face....as they are all irregular anyway...?..

Peter D... thanks again .... I’m happy with how this is coming along.

Peter G... thanks for the support and for checking in... nearly there now,

Monica....once again many thanks... keep looking in as I’m sure I’ll get finished soon!

Steve... Thanks again... hopefully I will get sometime over the weekend to get a bit more done,

Cheers!!!

Jason

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Those eyes, Jason, my they are good, don't think you could do better if they were real.
Most impressive. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
John.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very nicely done Jason.Many stand out areas on the bust.Helmet is particularly well executed.Really excellent.work well done.
Richard

First Name
Jason
Oh dear... I can’t believe it was March since I last posted on this and the job just stalled...I hit a couple of (admittedly minor) snags and couldn’t get motivated to sort them out and finish this off...
The first was I couldn’t get the second part of the MG sling to line up with the first and would up snipping bits off to try to get a smooth looking run...eventually there wasn’t much of the sling left so I have had to milliput a section in instead...
B5656C5C-5F0F-4D11-88BE-494830C1B372.jpeg
following that there are a series of small bits to add onto the MG which Ijust found too fiddly and the bullet belt was a bit of a pain as well as it snapped on a regular basis...
80B8C576-2E21-4482-B64A-BFAC9740F5EA.jpeg
anyway I’ve taken the plunge at starting to sort these issues out and should get this finished anytime soon!
Thanks
Jason

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great to see you back on this one Jason. Hope all the issues get sorted okay and then you can call this one done

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi, can I ask how you did the leather straps on the back, I need to do some on my Bentley, the bonnet straps, and yours look brilliant.

First Name
Jason
Thanks Steve... hopefully get finished off soon!

Hi Bortig,
the straps are painted in Vallejo Black brown and then dry brushed in Vallejo flat earth with either a touch of black or off white added to the blackbrown for shade or highlights.
Thanks
Jason.

First Name
Jason
I should add that the brown straps are the opposite in that they are first painted flat earth and then dry brushed with Black brown.... on the bigger straps I also dry brush a little gloss varnish to give a bit of a leather sheen. This varnishing bit probably shows up best on the shoulder strap picture posted on 4th March!
Thanks
Jason.

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Thanks Steve... hopefully get finished off soon!

Hi Bortig,
the straps are painted in Vallejo Black brown and then dry brushed in Vallejo flat earth with either a touch of black or off white added to the blackbrown for shade or highlights.
Thanks
Jason.
Thanks for that, will give it a try, hope they come out as good as yours.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jason
Glad this is back on the bench. It is often the little things that are frustrating and take time. Stepping away for a while sometimes helps.
Jim

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Well worth taking a break I'd say.Brilliant results.
you're an outstanding figure painter.
Jon.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great to see this back Jason.
Just love the helmet, great weathering.

First Name
Jason
Hi all,
Thanks very much for the supportive comments...I,m glad to say it’s pretty much finished although I have noticed a major error on the MG which I will have to put right...anyway I will post some pictures for now but take some more in the morning when the lights better.
Thanks again
Jason

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Jason

Only recently joined so missed the start of this. That really is very good indeed. His face is almost life-like. Very well done indeed.

Andrew

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6559

Marvellous work Jason, just terrific. You've managed to make him looked tired, dirty and worn as he should be. Will be studying carefully.