the robert e lee

S

steve5

well ken , like I said to scott , 1/ I really don't know how , 2/ the misses say's I'm taking up enough #$#$%%$$# room ,lol .

and thank's for the nice comment's my friend.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi dave not sure this will post well on here but I was asked on model ship world how I did the water effects so I did this tutorial for him, it's dead easy mate.

here is tonights update
8uaifvL.jpg

hDU7n9d.jpg

LvSFaq7.jpg

tfSlgEw.jpg

2P3hdoS.jpg

Don hope this helps
First paint your base ( the deeper the water the darker and less other colours there would be) in this example its costal waters so not very deep ( you could add greens and browns for really shallow water showing the shallowness)
So here's your base
voMk5Lc.jpg

place ship wherever you want it (if the ship is to be removed wrap the hull in cling film to stop the sealant sticking to it.
JbeTnSC.jpg

Get some clear bathroom sealant
S8YeHLJ.jpg

and apply to base
LCYi4vs.jpg

using a knife or spoon spread it roughly about
48QZfZ9.jpg

now press down with the knife or spoon and rapidly move in the direction of the wave moving upwards as you go and you will get a little peak, just like a wave, continue till you have enough, it should end up looking like this
FxdzsXm.jpg

let it go off, if you need higher waves you can add more when its gone off, as I did on the bow waves
then just highlight with white paint
Cl9hadl.jpg

mrFF7nG.jpg

you can then use cotton wool for the foam on the very tops of the waves.
obviously you would take more care than I did on this example, but you get the idea. it really is easy I did this example in ten mins.
hope this is of use.

First Name
barry
Great work Steve looks brill love the details and figs, would look good with a sea base and kens way looks easy.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great job Steve,looks great with all the added detailing,like the smoke as well,real nice build, :D

S

steve5

thank's for the details ken , will keep this for future reference mate ,