the robert e lee

S

steve5

thank's monica , the stairs are model master's wood , and the decking is MM tan , clear coat , burn't umber oil wash , the longer you leave it the darker it get's , but if you make a mistake turpenoid take's it straight off .

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank you ,very much for the tip,and colors Steve, :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice Steve,and what scale would these wee folk be,very nice well,and like the stove,as well, :D

S

steve5

thank's monica , they are 1/150 , I'm starting to need a better m/glass , lol ,

can anyone help me , on an easy way to make an arrow head cap for the stove pipe cover , I want to put a few more around the ship , not sure how to go about it , thank's in advance .

steve5

20160824_123100[1].jpg

Last edited:

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Not sure what you mean by an arrow head cap, if you mean a conical cap...........  Cut a circle in a piece of paper, then cut a segment out (triangle from the centre to the edge, and then fold the two cut edges together.

You can adjust the total size by the size of the starting circle and the bigger the segment the steeper the cone.  Hope that make sense.

Make a cone.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank's monica , they are 1/150 , I'm starting to need a better m/glass , lol ,

oh lol,at that scale,I think we all would.oh no my eye,s my eye,s hurt so much lol, :D

S

steve5

thank's dave , but that pipe is 2mm across , I know I could do it by filing some styrene , but at that scale it is not easy , I just hoped some one might have an easier way

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
thank's dave , but that pipe is 2mm across , I know I could do it by filing some styrene , but at that scale it is not easy , I just hoped some one might have an easier way

A little smaller than I estimated, could you use a pencil sharpener on some styrene rod?

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
why not try some balsa rod,and just a sandpaper tapper the end down then cut to length, 9_9

A little smaller than I estimated, could you use a pencil sharpener on some styrene rod?

that sounds like an idea as well,

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Steve a lot of them had the flat type just cut a 6 mm square and fold it in the middle, if you want to go over the top you could make the stays for it as well.

S

steve5

I ended up using a dremel on some dowel dave , I don't think it look's too bad .if you squint from a distance it should look alright , lol .

20160825_154939[1].jpg

A

Ace

I've been thinking all along this was a wood kit. The deck is actually plastic? ? Great paint work!

Last edited:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work Steve,there worked well,always some think fiddly to workout, :D

its like with me on how to make a bucket,from scratch, I do remember making one in metal class,but how it was ,lay out I,just don,t,remember, O.o

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This is coming along really nicely since I last looked.

Nice work Steve.

S

steve5

thank's guy's , and monica if you can remember back to school , your a lot younger than me hahahah

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank's guy's , and monica if you can remember back to school , your a lot younger than me hahahah

oh lol,just one of theses things. :D