The Seasons's Dare.

P

Polux

Yep!

Yesterday I finished the post war wreck Nashron.

Build and recreate this little scene and his vegetation has been really fun! So, I will impose myself a new exercise, to learn tips and take more care about the details.

The challenge is build four small vignettes (4x6 inch). Each one has to represent one season :smiling3: Autumm, Spring, Winter and Summer!

RULES

Yes...I impose myself rules :D or if anyone want to participate on this exercise, will be more than welcome!

SIZE

4x6 inch. Yeah!!!

I have two bases at this size, so I need to find two more...

The reduced surface don't give you many possibilities to add vehicles and other big items! Genial!!

Less is more :smiling3:

SCALE

It must be at 1/35.

CONTENTS

I will add a figure (need to practice)

And those figures will be all civilians. Different ;)

Can I add some vehicle? Yes, of course...but, have you space enough???

Well!! This is my new project!!

Reproduce four little vignettes with a clear missatge and much detailed as possible!!

Thanks

Polux

Last edited:
P

Polux

These are the ideas that I have in mind...

WINTER

My idea is build a few piece of street.

Snow and ice....and a gentleman walking carefully in front of a shop..?

Challenge: recreate snow and ice (will copy my Winter Patrol diorama)

And scratch build my own building.

SPRING

Maybe I will build a field with a younger girl playing with the flowers.

Challenge: Recreate a flowered field!! Flowers, many many flowers!!

It must be lovely...I hope ;)

SUMMER

I have doubts here....

The idea is a child playing on or near the water. Maybe playing with a little toy ship?

Challenge: Recreate a lighting colour vignette and learn to produce real water as well.

AUTUMM

I have an old man figure that will be perfect for what I have in mind.

A garden or similar full of brown oak leaves!

Challenge: Brown colours vignette and build my own tree.

Well, maybe these ideas will change during the construction time....but, I like them so far ;)

Thanks

Polux

Last edited:
T

Tibbs

Summer.... Got to be a beach/seaside theme... Water and sand;)

P

Polux

\ said:
Do the same dio for each season....
ian m
Was an option that I thought about....but is like to chain your own imagination!! Not??

D

Deleted member 3568

Sounds like an awesome idea and knowing you they will be awsome builds

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I'll be watching this Polux ........ and looking forward to it.

First Name
Robert
Another great one in the making from Pollux and you can fix the jacket with your skills eh?

Regards

Robert

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Yep!
Yesterday I finished the post war wreck Nashron.

Build and recreate this little scene and his vegetation has been really fun! So, I will impose myself a new exercise, to learn tips and take more care about the details.

The challenge is build four small vignettes (4x6 inch). Each one has to represent one season :smiling3: Autumm, Spring, Winter and Summer!

RULES

Yes...I impose myself rules :D or if anyone want to participate on this exercise, will be more than welcome!

SIZE

4x6 inch. Yeah!!!

I have two bases at this size, so I need to find two more...

The reduced surface don't give you many possibilities to add vehicles and other big items! Genial!!

Less is more :smiling3:

SCALE

It must be at 1/35.

CONTENTS

I will add a figure (need to practice)

And those figures will be all civilians. Different ;)

Can I add some vehicle? Yes, of course...but, have you space enough???

Well!! This is my new project!!

Reproduce four little vignettes with a clear missatge and much detailed as possible!!

Thanks

Polux
Hi polux I read your bottom of page but then now see the top and the rules mmmm I could have a small idea that should not take too long but give as much detail in it if it's open still? I know I have my 1/35 Ardennes assault still to complete,but may take some time to get right and is too big but I may have a quick idea I have that mah include a vehicle ( what's the time limit?

Kind regards

Robert

P

Polux

\ said:
Hi polux I read your bottom of page but then now see the top and the rules mmmm I could have a small idea that should not take too long but give as much detail in it if it's open still? I know I have my 1/35 Ardennes assault still to complete,but may take some time to get right and is too big but I may have a quick idea I have that mah include a vehicle ( what's the time limit?
Kind regards

Robert
Yep!!

You can join in when you wish!! And there isn't any time limit as well!! ;)

My first idea was to "express" the maximum with the less space.

I thought it could be a nice exercise...

You can add cars, tanks or any vehicle :smiling3:

I will be more than glad if we do it together :D

P

Plastickitbasher

Very interesting ideas, I've got me brew shall be watching this one

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I do like the idea of this one Polux,your mind must work over time lol, :D

nice start as well, ;)

what figuer kit did you get as i do like the looks of theses ones ?

and did i hear/read right that we are able to join in as well, ?

First Name
Robert
\ said:
These are the ideas that I have in mind...
WINTER

My idea is build a few piece of street.

Snow and ice....and a gentleman walking carefully in front of a shop..?

Challenge: recreate snow and ice (will copy my Winter Patrol diorama)

And scratch build my own building.

SPRING

Maybe I will build a field with a younger girl playing with the flowers.

Challenge: Recreate a flowered field!! Flowers, many many flowers!!

It must be lovely...I hope ;)

SUMMER

I have doubts here....

The idea is a child playing on or near the water. Maybe playing with a little toy ship?

Challenge: Recreate a lighting colour vignette and learn to produce real water as well.

AUTUMM

I have an old man figure that will be perfect for what I have in mind.

A garden or similar full of brown oak leaves!

Challenge: Brown colours vignette and build my own tree.

Well, maybe these ideas will change during the construction time....but, I like them so far ;)

Thanks

Polux
Hi Pollux had a think on this a little more and 4 small vignettes of 4x6 inch I'll have to look up some bases and source the pieces to complete but your 4 seasons idea got me thinking:sad: "you idiot")

Spring: 1/35 A RAF part base of field 2/3 aircraft mech running to service a fighter and one of mech drops the ammo so it's all over the place. Might fabricate a part of a spitfire wing and one mech on the floor picking up the ammo with say his sergeant giving him a shouting

Summer 1/35 two German officers checking a civilian ID papers in Africa and maybe 1 officer checking the civilians bike out and spilling the contents of basket say fruit everywhere, wil do the checkpoint and try to convey heat

Autumn 1/35 this might be a tough one but I'm thinking if possible a small outhouse with RAF personnel awaiting a scramble ( short sleeves deck chairs etc a table and a few cards possibly 3/4 figures in 0ne tripping over a deck chair and knocking the table over? as much detail as possible.

Winter 1/35 push back from Russia campaign 4 Russian soldiers in deep winter by a mortar awaiting instructions and one builds a snowman and is proud of it when he gets shot as he's out of cover?

I think it could work but time I get to do modelling is restrictive with my work and I have so many other projects to complete but what do you think?

Kind regards

Robert

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I've been thinking about this one Polux and will give it a try if nothing else it should be a nice little break from the other builds every now and then

P

Polux

\ said:
I think it could work but time I get to do modelling is restrictive with my work and I have so many other projects to complete but what do you think?

Kind regards

Robert
I think all four ideas are lovely!! Personally I really like the autumn and the winter ones ;)

Don't worry about the size. My idea was as small I can. But you choice your best one!!! The idea is the exercise...reproduce the four seasons ;)

About time...don't worry as well!! This is not a GB, so you can start it when you wish and finish it when you want as well!!! Maybe summer 2034... lol

Thanks to take part :smiling3: