The souvenir hunter

First Name
Mike
I built this a few years ago from Tamiya's lovely 1/25 GMC 'Deuce-and-a-half' kit. It depicts a souvenir hunter perusing his stash of captured booty, including a rudder from a Revell 1/32 Bf109 and various weapons/accessories from Italeri and Tamiya sets. Figure is a Royal Models resin kit, as is the ring-mounted .50 cal MG.

W

Willi262

your pictures and your builds always look fantastic. I don't think I'm bad, but even my shots (and projects) pale by comparison. 5 stars from me!

P

Polux

Very nice model Mike, there are some interesting details ;)

Lovely subtle dust effect.

Another great piece.

Polux

First Name
Jason
Fantastic build Mike. Keep spotting more little details every time I look at it.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb job Mike! Its a mini Dio /scene all contained on the back of the truck! Its full of fantastic little details like the oil stained drum and the chipping on the tool box and oxy/acetylene bottles , brilliant ! great build , cheers tony

W

Willi262

Looks like one of the trophies is a rudder section from 11. staffel, JG 27, flown by Ace pilot Heinrich Bartels over Greece in 1943...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Is it just me or is this the first build you have posted that does not have wings?!?!

A great build with lots of detail for the eye to wander over.

Great result!

Ian M

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice indeed , so much detail, and as said each time you look see more ,

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
OOH! Ive just spotted the dog! missed that first time round!! Tony

First Name
Mike
Thanks again for the kind words

\ said:
Is it just me or is this the first build you have posted that does not have wings?!?!
I had to check, but it's the second; the first was a Trumpeter SAM missile/truck posted a while ago:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/sam-2-missile-trailer-trumpeter-1-35.12808/

S

Stevekir

Really really good. Highest quality, including the photography. You said recently that your Lanc was photographed using a

Canon Digital Rebel camera. Is it an expensive camera, and does it have a very good, therefore expensive, (sharp) lens which might account for your very sharp photos?

First Name
Mike
\ said:
Really really good. Highest quality, including the photography. You said recently that your Lanc was photographed using aCanon Digital Rebel camera. Is it an expensive camera, and does it have a very good, therefore expensive, (sharp) lens which might account for your very sharp photos?
Thanks for your post, Steve. It's an oldish DSLR (2005) and is only 8mp, but is fine for model photography. The lens is a 28-70 zoom, a Canon lens but not one of their professional series. The Nikon which you mentioned you use is a far better camera than the Rebel XT. These pics were shot in a light tent which I use for most model pics, except where they're too big to fit comfortably as was the case with the Lanc.

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Thanks for your post, Steve. It's an oldish DSLR (2005) and is only 8mp, but is fine for model photography. The lens is a 28-70 zoom, a Canon lens but not one of their professional series. The Nikon which you mentioned you use is a far better camera than the Rebel XT. These pics were shot in a light tent which I use for most model pics, except where they're too big to fit comfortably as was the case with the Lanc.
I also have used a light tent for models smaller than a Lanc. Perhaps I will build a larger tent out of a cardboard packing case with most of the sides cut out.

E

exosteve

WOW! if I could get my standards up to half as good as the results here I would be happy.

brilliant.

I really need to up my weathering skills

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
'I aspire to be a modeller with talent-lacking that, I shall admire the creations of masters without envy but with awe!'

Superb skill and vision to create a lovely piece, painting, detailing, weathering all come together to create a wonderful subject and story. I love it.

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator: