The Stoic Arms

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking excellent, I do like the way this looks. That be a lot of clamps Dave, I just use my hands and wonder why I glued the piece to them...one day I may learn.

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Looking great so far! Keep those updates coming :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Dave, if the building is card, I would have thought the general purpose glue would have been a better bet. It dries more or less instantly.

If it's some sort of foam based, like polystyrene, then UHU POV is the stuff to use....It doesn't react with the foam like ordinary Gen.Purps. stuff does.

Mind you, you have nearly finished the build, so perhaps give it a whirl with the next building?

It all looks excellent. Really nice.

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Ron - The main structural parts are MDF with only the facings between the 'timber' frames being made of stiff card. That makes PVA just about perfect apart from the drying time. I've ordered some of that UHU so I'll be trying that soon. Not so sure about the 'nearly finished' bit though. I suspect it will take as long to do the furnishings and figures as it's taken me to do the building - maybe even longer depending how mad I go!

Thanks Ben, Polux, Ralph and Si.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just been watching Ken Follet's 'a world without end'

This looks like it came off the set. Great work so far.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Ian. I've not seen that so I can't comment. All I know is that it's made by 4Ground and it's part of Mordanberg town from their Fabled Realms series.