The Three Musketeers ( all 4 of them ) !

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers Steve, No, I have never bothered priming any figures. Never had any problems if handled carefully.
John.
P.S. Haven't noticed any paint coming off. Look alright at normal distance. Trust old eagle eyes. I will have a closer look ! :smiling: .

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Lovely bright colours - great subjects for pushing your palette to the limit. Look forward to seeing the others!

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The second of my quartet will be Athos, who was based on the historical character "Armand Seigneur de Sillegue, d'Athos et d'Autevielle", better known as "Armand d'Athos".
IMG_0585A.JPG
Here is the box art and the main pieces of the sculpt. There are actually 24 pieces to the complete figure, so it will take a bit of working out what to glue together when.
My finished figure will be posed slightly different to the box art. He will be interacting with the d'Artagnan figure already done. A second right hand is supplied just for this purpose. This means, luckily, no butchery needed.
All C&Cs welcome.
John.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I have started assembling the main parts of the figure, legs and trunk. I have left his right arm off until his sash is painted. If you put it on you cannot get to the creases in his sash. His left arm will be left off until near the end as his rapier needs assembling/painting and fixing to his body before the arm is fixed in place. It really is plan ahead or hit problems, but I am enjoying it. Better than just stick together and sling paint. Now painted his sash so can proceed further.
IMG_0586A.JPG
Also undercoated the flesh parts.
John.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Base coat colours now on his jacket and breeches. Now can begin detail painting and more assembly. Still spending most of my time working out sequence.
IMG_0588A.JPG
Apologies for poor photo quality. The light here is terrible. Pouring down so cannot do my preferred outdoor photos. Lighting indoors is rubbish.
All C&Cs, Abuse gratefully received.
John.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well I thought I had his legs finished, apart from maybe a dull coat on his boots. Looking at this close-up some more tidying needs doing to the tops of his boots.
IMG_0594A.JPG
Looks okay if you go by the 2 feet rule :confused: .
John.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I have finally managed to get a bit more done. Attached his right arm and cloak (minus hand).
IMG_0596A.JPG
Have assembled the rapier hilt (3 pieces), and attached the complete assembly to his baldrick. I also managed to knock off the bow on his right calf. The problem with using CA. It has no shear strength. A gentle nudge from a wayward finger and off comes the part, especially if the contact point is the size of a pinhead, like this one.
Hopefully more soon. All the best, gents. Comments, criticism, abuse welcomed as always.
John

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John,

Missed the start of this. Coming on nicely. Hadn't realised that the characters - at least d'Artagnan - had a real life inspiration.

I remember as a kid (late 70s, early 80s) the BBC used to show a French series of the story which had been dubbed badly into English.

Keep them coming.

ATB.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Another one of the quartet well on the way. Looking good. These figures are a real opportunity for some bright colours as opposed to the drab uniforms of modern armed forces.
Jim

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi, Andrew and Jim. Thanks for the comments. Something has gone wrong in the world !! Two updates in two days ! Never before, and probably never again. I have got his left arm attached and his right hand. On and off a number of times, but I have finally got my few remaining brain cells lined up and working ( a stroke two years ago robbed me of a lot. :confused: ) I did what I should have done to begin with, I drilled and pinned his wrist. There is now only his head/hat and his extra weapons (pistol and dagger) to detail and attach, then just the usual touch-ups.
IMG_0597A.JPG
As always all comments ,good and bad, gratefully received.
John.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely John!

ATB

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Me 'at.......where's me 'at!!.......If you want to get a 'ead get a 'at! :tongue-out3::smiling5: Or something like that. Nice work on this John, I am looking forward to seeing all four of these guys cross the finish line.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
thanks for the vote of confidence Rick. Not too much left to do.
John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Certainly getting there. They will make a stunning group when all four are done.
Jim

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers Jim. Might get a bit more done today, if I'm lucky.
John.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well I think I can call Athos done. A little bit of touch up needed on his hands/fingers but otherwise okay. The photos make it look as though there is paint missing off the back of his cloak, but when inspected with the mk1 eyeball it is actually a shiny spot on the paint. Anyway here for your delectation (or otherwise) is Athos.
IMG_0605A.JPG
IMG_0606A.JPG
IMG_0607A.JPG
IMG_0608A.JPG
And finally one of the two of them together. This is nearly the pose I wanted them in, but there appears to have been construction errors along the way as they do not fit quite as intended.
IMG_0609A.JPG
There you are folks. All comments and criticism welcome.
John.

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
Looks great John,
I think the pose looks fine ,holding him back, a cautionary hand.
Paint looks cool, a steadier hand than mine!

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work!

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rob and Andrew. Many thanks for the comments. The next one may take a while, "Summer is here and the beach is calling".
John.