Thoughts on 1/144 scale.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I'm bit of a closet wingy thinger loads in the stash but thats as far as it gets ,as Mike says you don't have to dedicate your self to one scale you can dip in and out , 1/72nd afv's being my thing but I do every now and then build a leggo scale(1/35) ,not so much now but the 1/144 stuff was cheap compared making it not that risky to have a little dabble and the recent stuff is top quality give it a shot. A change is as good as a rest heres one of my closet 1/144 builds
View attachment 506376
View attachment 506377
Dave
Well us old f'''s need to be able to see those large locating holes, that's why we do 1/35, otherwise we would not know where to glue the parts and the destructions are no good to us as we have trouble reading the 'This way up' writing on the tiolet paper.....

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
HI Colin yes 1/144 SCALE models are now very good as i built over 50 of the tiny revel model aircraft for my 1/144 scale USS NIMTZ CVN 68 aircraft carrier an they came out very good some pics for you to make up your mind here an even lit some up with 2mm leds for nav lights an such an here a super hornet in same scale with lights an fitted in my hand View attachment 506384View attachment 506383

AN two 1/144 scale HAWKEYE's with nav lights an workin engines as i used tiny motors out of a mobile phone View attachment 506385

AN HERE View attachment 506386on my carrier deck with a tomacat so yes 1/144 models are really worth it in my opinion if you havnt got much room
chrisb
Yeah, but you had the little people to help you, we have all heard the stories....
I still marvel at the lighting....

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You have heard of child labour, well this is mini people labour, he just cracks the whip.....
WELL Mike them tiny planes are very easy to build an put in all the lights only took me a couple of day on that superhornet as compared to my big tomcat id sooner build the small ones any day than the big 1/32 scale an yes i just crack the wip lol
chrisb

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
WELL Mike them tiny planes are very easy to build an put in all the lights only took me a couple of day on that superhornet as compared to my big tomcat id sooner build the small ones any day than the big 1/32 scale an yes i just crack the wip lol
chrisb
Well you have me beat, wonderful work, I watch and wonder when I see your build on the (big) Tomcat, I have still to master not dropping the scalpel, but the foot movement is getting better and faster...

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well you have me beat, wonderful work, I watch and wonder when I see your build on the (big) Tomcat, I have still to master not dropping the scalpel, but the foot movement is getting better and faster...
well Mike i dont think ive beaten you just matched you as your doher is a wonderfull build an the detail out of this world a lot i could not do very well done sir as ive been lookin at the build a little while ago
chrisb

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well us old f'''s need to be able to see those large locating holes, that's why we do 1/35, otherwise we would not know where to glue the parts and the destructions are no good to us as we have trouble reading the 'This way up' writing on the tiolet paper.....
You guys kill me ,comming from them that make working etch hinges etc :tongue-out3:

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
well Mike i dont think ive beaten you just matched you as your doher is a wonderfull build an the detail out of this world a lot i could not do very well done sir as ive been lookin at the build a little while ago
chrisb
Many thanks for thekind compliments Chris.