Tiger 1 painting help question (intake pipe)

SpitfireAce

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tom
Hi, I am currently building a Tamiya 1/35 Tiger I. I am going to paint it dark yellow but without camo. My question is; is it proper to attach the intake pipe (the grey material that comes with the kit that you cut to fit) and then paint it the same colour as the hull (in my case, dark yellow) or should it be attached afterwards and not painted so it has the same gray colour as it came? (or does it matter?).

Thanks,

Tom

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Tom hi, personally I can't answer as German armour is not my first love, but Steve Jones, Simon T and the rest of the members can and will answer as soon as it's daylight, so I will bump this up .
John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I assume you are talking about the air filter pipes that run along the top of the rear part of the Tiger in a V shape. This should be the same colour as the base colour. However I do weather them near the exhaust ends with exhaust coloured pigments.

SpitfireAce

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tom
John ans Steve, thanks for your replies. Steve, yes that was what I was talking about. I will follow your advice and paint it same as the base colour and touch up the connection ends.
Many thanks!

Tom