Tiger I.

P

Polux

Good Morning!!

Few days ago I said, that I hated to build military items.....so here I am O_o

Because one thing is hate a thing, and the other is need the thing :smiling3:

And now I need a paintwork challenge!

Streaking grimes, dust, chipping effect, mud,.... And all those things you can find on a tank.

So let's do it :D

Regards

Polux

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
never say never Polux,as I will be liking to see all of the above done,

pics plz like to see which one,:rolleyes:

and if to your stranded will look great, ;)

as I lose interest if some think takes to long to do or I,get so sided tracked from it,:confused:

\ said:
Which kit is it Polux? I've lost my mojo to finish my one
oh no sorry to hear that,I do hope you find it again,lov your work,

P

Polux

Well...I will use this old kit.

Pz.Kpfw. V Tiger I Ausf.E ITALERI 1/35 (ref.293)

It was a present from a friend many years ago. There isn’t any box, it comes, just the sprues and the instructions.

The model is visibly old and some pieces are difficult to fit, but it has some great details as well. In general, looks a correct kit.

The decal sheet is......, minimum...? Only has option for two markings, and both are for the winter 1944 on the Est Front. Anyway is enough, it has what I was looking for :smiling3:

If you want a reference, on the completed builds, you can find a Tiger I (by Roman), and it’s exactly the same model. Painted on Tan colour and the canon barrel on metallic grey.

Polux

View attachment 117616

DSC_1489.JPG

P

Polux

After some research on my library, I found some interesting photos and pictures.

The Italeri kit gives, to you, the possibility to build a Tiger I from the Schewere Panzer Abteeilung 505. Number 300.

This Tiger comes out the factory on February 1944 (Chassis/Fgst Nr 250829). And arrive at front on 13 April at the 3th Kompanie.

The tank arrives at the front painted, simply, on Tan colour.

View attachment 117617

DSC_1491.JPG

Last edited:
P

Polux

I know is only a draw....but I really like the colour there. Seems the green/brown camouflage was absolutely weathered there!!!

Maybe I will copy a similar effect :smiling3:

View attachment 117618

Some others tanks of the same 3th Kompanie was painted with the green and brown camouflage over it.

View attachment 117619

If I can obtain the correct decals or I printed my own ones, this is a nice model to build. Observe the canon painted on a white part to show the numbers.

DSC_1493.JPG

DSC_1497.JPG

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
It comes with Zimerit :smiling3:
Oh I see mate cool although that doesn't help me as I wanted to see how you would do it , I have a tiger 1 kit and it has a zimerit tool but you've cheated :D

P

Polux

Yeek! I’m really surprised with myself....!

I should thought that an old kit and without box, maybe some pieces should be missed. True!! And one was a major piece.....one of the side parts!!!

Not many days ago, I’m sure that I left the model on the stash and forgive it for many years. But yesterday I decided to scratch build the missed parts and do a little step to become a better modeller.

I really want to build this tank :smiling3:

View attachment 117622

View attachment 117623

Is not finished yet, because remains the Zimerit effect!! Well....I will have all the afternoon occupied now :smiling3:

The major problem was to recreate the relieve.....anyway I’m happy, imagine was a wheel :confused: :D

Thanks for looking

Polux

DSC_1499.JPG

DSC_1500.JPG

P

Polux

\ said:
Oh I see mate cool although that doesn't help me as I wanted to see how you would do it , I have a tiger 1 kit and it has a zimerit tool but you've cheated :D
I will do it this afternoon!!

I will post a step by step.....but never I've done it before :confused:

Can you show me the tool?!!? Please :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
If you find any other missing parts Polux, let me know - my Dragon kit comes with lots of spare bits!
Thank you very much Patrick!!! :smiling3:

I've been looking the instructions and the sprues. Apart of the side part and some pieces on the exhausts, all is ok!!!

Thanks again!!!

Polux