Tim’s 1/48 Eduard A6M2 Zero Type 11 Andy’s Japanese aircraft GB

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautiful. Nice to see a pristine, shiny WWII Japanese aircraft.

PS Please don't take that as any sort of criticism of the worn and weathered ones we usually see.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Beautiful. Nice to see a pristine, shiny WWII Japanese aircraft.

PS Please don't take that as any sort of criticism of the worn and weathered ones we usually see.
These were early birds so I would expect them to be better looked after Dave. Apparently the hemp colour was high gloss as well, it faded and wrinkled over time, but didn’t flake like the green colours. I’ve sun faded mine slightly on the outer wings and tail section, but it hasn’t come out too well in the pictures.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cracking stuff Tim,a real eye catcher :cool:,
As Andrew said,those decals look very natural, there's something about that overall colour too, really like that shade :thumb2:,
Thanks for joining in on the GB, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed building this one up so much,after your Avenger experience!!;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cracking stuff Tim,a real eye catcher :cool:,
As Andrew said,those decals look very natural, there's something about that overall colour too, really like that shade :thumb2:,
Thanks for joining in on the GB, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed building this one up so much,after your Avenger experience!!;)
Thanks Andy. It was a much more trouble free build compared to the Avenger. The shade was just the mix recommended by Eduard, but it seems pretty much spot on to me. As I said, an excellent kit!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Andy. It was a much more trouble free build compared to the Avenger. The shade was just the mix recommended by Eduard, but it seems pretty much spot on to me. As I said, an excellent kit!
Just a quick question....
.... what do you mean when you say "stripping" the decals?