Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well, the knitting is done…..
IMG_1847.jpeg
IMG_1848.jpeg
Not that difficult, but I made it harder than it needed to be. I was running out of ezeline so cut the threads on the top wing a bit short. If I’d made them about two inches longer each it would have been far easier to hold them in place while adding the glue. Done now though :thumb2:

For those that wondered…..this is how I held it while rigging.
IMG_1849.jpeg
I don’t think it would work for a bigger bird, but it’s fine for this size. The jigs you see around would be great for adding the top wing and making sure the struts were in line, but they would be no use at all for rigging because the various clamps would get in the way.

Anyway…..let the glue cure completely now, then shave down the glue points under the bottom wing, touch in any scrapes I’ve produced putting the rigging on, add the last crosses under the wing, then touch in the varnish. Once that is done then the missing bits get stuck on and we’re done. I can at least see the finish line now…….

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Bet you're glad the rigging has been accomplished successfully.
Yep, I certainly am Jim. It’s actually not that hard, but it does loom in the background until it’s finished doesn’t it. This took about three sessions of forty five minutes each. The hardest lines are those with blind holes. Getting ezeline into the hole through the glue on the surface is a little trying. Glad there were only a few on this though.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Wow, that first pic with the stark lighting looks really sinister, like it just got away from a searchlight before pouncing on some unsuspecting RE.8!
Nice idea for the image…..totally accidental…….but very fitting.