Time to start thinking...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As there is not that long until the next GB starts I thought I would just give you all a heads up.

Time to start thinking and buying in.

Some thing that is or has been alive. Factual, fictional or fantasy. Just NO bog standard human beings.

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Got mine and ready to go Ian.

I've got an AMT Gigantics Huge tarantula Diorama kit. Never done anything like this before so it'll be fun.

Cheers

Tony.

P

Polux

This time I don't come in Ian...

Need to finish all the GB & SIG ;)

But I will say, have a piece of paper on the man cave with all my ideas for the 2014 GB!!!

P

Polux

\ said:
Got mine and ready to go Ian.I've got an AMT Gigantics Huge tarantula Diorama kit. Never done anything like this before so it'll be fun.

Cheers

Tony.
Oh my God! A tarantula!!!

Will be different see this one!!

Just wondering myself how to paint it? Seems difficult Tony? Or is easy explained?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Doesn't Colin keep tarantulas as pets? Let's hope he doesn't try and take the easy option and just dry freeze one to add to a dio! :eek:

Gern

P

Paul P

I dont mean to be pedantic. but surley if its fictional or fantasy it cant have been alive. ok ill get me coat now

C

CDW

\ said:
Doesn't Colin keep tarantulas as pets? Let's hope he doesn't try and take the easy option and just dry freeze one to add to a dio! :eek:Gern
Dammit!! That's my idea stuffed then ... Thanks Dave. :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

C

CDW

\ said:
I dont mean to be pedantic. but surley if its fictional or fantasy it cant have been alive. ok ill get me coat now
This was certainly discussed for a while Paul as a few had the same idea as yourself...

I think it was finalised basically as anything that could be classed as ''biological'' from real life or the fantasy world ... Minotaurs, dinosaurs, dragons, elves, elephants, tigers etc would all come into the category....

And to quote Ian, our leader in this, ''if you're building a tree, it better be a bloody good one!!'' :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
We can always change the title to NO HUMANS ALLOWED...

But then there would always be someone that askes if they can build a robot..

We could call it ANY THING THAT HAS LIVED, IS LIVING, MIGHT OF LIVED, LIVES ON AN OTHER PLANE, PLANET OR JUST SOME DARK AND TWISTED CORNER OF YOUR MIND. (JUST AS LONG AS ITS NOT A HUMAN).

Ian M

P

Paul P

We could call it ANY THING THAT HAS LIVED, IS LIVING, MIGHT OF LIVED, LIVES ON AN OTHER PLANE, PLANET OR JUST SOME DARK AND TWISTED CORNER OF YOUR MIND. (JUST AS LONG AS ITS NOT A HUMAN).

Ian M

I like that title :D :D :D:rolleyes:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
I only suggested this GB because I had the tarantula dio in the stash, I didn't mean to cause trouble, sorry.:rolleyes: :D

Tony.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've read Asimov.......robots live!

Cheers

Steve

P

Paul P

So Ian is that the new title :rolleyes::rolleyes: is it :rolleyes: is it;). ..............Tony you've had that kit just waiting for this occasion ;) ;)

Paul

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You might have suggested it Tony but it won a place in the calender by votes from the members. Well four of them anyway.

We can always take the first runner up....If this one is to much of a challenge.

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
We can always take the first runner up....If this one is to much of a challenge.

Ian M
No! No! I already bought a kit for this one!

Gern