Tiran 5

some updates...pics taken with hp camera..a bit blur...added machine guns and jerry cans...

and yes..the color of jerry cans are such because israel tiran 5 were captured during the many battles with Arab nations..therefore some of the parts were taken directly from the captures tanks without new paint job.

also added some fuel lines to the external fuel tank..it may not be accurate..but at least it breaks the monotone color of the tank.. :smiling3: :smiling3:

D

dubster72

I wouldn't worry about the colour Ryan,so far you've done a great job in making a monotone tank look interesting with subtle depth of paint.

Cheers

Patrick

S

steve scan

Looking excellent and you have kept the colour looking interesting.

T

tommy1drop

Really looks nice, like the subtle paint chipping, the different use of colours breaks it up and makes it look interesting, very nice;)

Thank you people for the kind words.

Tracks added .. and for the first time, i will include figures into my build. Painted the uniform, rest still not done yet.

Sorry for the low quality shot though ...

Next is the fun part ... the weathering. Should take about 2 weeks .... and while waiting for the oil paint to cure .... please help me decide what to build next ...

1. T62A Cuban markings

2. King Tiger

3. Panther G

4. Marder III

D

dubster72

The Marder! ;) or the Panther ... or the King Tiger ... hmmm

Ok it's my favourite, so the big kitty!

N

noble

The colour scheme and paint work is excellent, the chipping and the tracks are also excellent I love this kit, been thinking about buying it for a while now.

scott

T

tommy1drop

I`d go for the big Kitty, but saying that the Panther is just as nice.....King Tiger for me;)

looks like the big kitty is very 'famous' ... i had openned the box...and surprisingly...there r not many parts...

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Ryan,real like your chipping effect , ;)

with the other 3 why not all in dew time,but the Marder for me,

Thank you people for voting. Looks like The King and Marder get the thumbs up ...

Anyway, here are some updates ...

Did 1st round of general wash ... halfway through the process, I realized I have not put the decals yet ... silly me. Will seal this wash with Future when it is dry, and put on the decals, and then another round of detailing wash.

Till then .. happy modeling people ...

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thats one of these oooops moments lol,:confused: ;)

looking good like how the wash brings it to life,real nice job on this one, :smiling3:

D

dubster72

It proves the old saying that 2 washes are better than one! ;)

Second round of wash and some detailing...paint is still wet, so you probably see some shinny surfaces.

Spilled oil, and oil stain

Rust and stain on the exhaust area

Commander ....

Still struggling with the other figure ...

Till then ... time for lunch now...