titanic build photos

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
B

baz

Hello mr Peterairfix,

what a great looking model a ship is one of the subjects which Ihave not tackled as a scratchbuild but will have to in the future your titanic looks superb. I noted that you had problems with the early structure with it being very wobbly, my own large scratchbuilds of spacecraft have suffered the same fate but now I build strong, in fact sometimes to strong loads of little of cut bit cemented in all the corners and joins, the only thing you have to watch is that they can distort parts somtimes but loads of renforcements . Whats next on your building list another ship or are you going to try something else ?. good luck with your next one.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )View attachment 62246

View attachment 63708

DSCF8942.jpg

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
thanks for your post i have now started a rms olympic in the same way but i have now gone on to wood i will get some pics up later

cheers peter

B

baz

Well Peter one thing is for certain being made out of wood it will float, and being would is stronger in many ways than plastic but you must have a great deal of patience as wood is harder to work than plastic I take my hat of to you, looking forward to seeing the launch pics.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

C

cryton 5

hi peter ,

titanic one of my fav ,intrests love the work ,and i know how difficult it has been but all that work has payed off ,

hope too see from you're gifted hands respect cry !!!