Tommy1drops M4A2 Sherman

T

tommy1drop

Well this is the one that was pulled out of the stash for the build, so I`d best get building :rolleyes:

T

tommy1drop

Thanks guys, looking forward to being involved in the SIG build ;)

T

tommy1drop

Small update on the build, this is where it`s at the moment, starting the running gear later as well as the turret, going together nicely with no problems...yet:rolleyes:

Will update again as the build progresses;)

That`s it for now, hope you like it so far.

D

dubster72

What's the kit like Tommy? I've only built one Academy model & found it to be very nice.

Patrick

T

tommy1drop

Thanks Ian.

Hi Patrick it`s a lovely kit to build, plenty in the box to keep you both busy and happy, no fit issues(yet) :rolleyes:

T

tommy1drop

Hi Polux will do buddy;)

Hi Ajay, I think this one is going to be built for the European campaign, not a fan of the Pacific campaign:rolleyes:

T

tommy1drop

Hi Joe thanks for that, just finished more the turret is built and completed, along with the running gear, will post pics tomorrow;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one.

They are not bad kits these academy jobs.

Ian M

T

tommy1drop

Thanks Ian, I really like the Academy kits, plenty on the sprues, and more than enough to keep you busy.

Anyway this is a small update on where the kit is at, the turret is completed as well as the upper hull, the boggies are finished, just awaiting to fix them on the lower hull, I really do like these kits, and am thinking of starting another for the SIG:rolleyes:

P

Polux

Looking very good Tommy!!

I can not see exactly (on the box) which kind of camouflage it has. You will paint it with a green colour or maybe on a different scheme? :smiling3:

T

tommy1drop

Hi Polux thank you for that glad you like it, its going to be painted olive drab and in service in Europe, I have seen a few pics of these in British service, so with that in mind, I might go down that route;)

L

Lancasterb1

Tommy most of the tanks left the factory painted OD so if you follow that scheme you can't go far wrong!

T

tommy1drop

Thanks Andy, do you know if the land lease Shermans sent to Russia were left in the factory paint scheme or did they re-paint them?

L

Lancasterb1

A total of 4,102 M4A2 medium tanks were sent to the U.S.S.R. under Lend-Lease. Of these, 2,007 were equipped with the 75 mm gun, and 2,095 carried the 76 mm gun. As far as I can see doing a bit of digging in my books they remained OD, but with the two types of gun it opens up all sorts of prospects