Tonys Eduard Yak3 1/48

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well after being off site for a while its time I tried to get the mojo back so heres my entry for the GB .
Its a kit I picked up at the Cosford show a few years ago for £2 ! As you can see in the pics its missing the PE, decals, resin, instructions and spinner , apart from that its fine ! :smiling5: . I found a suitable spinner in the spares and got some aftermarket decals .The instructions were downloaded from Scalemates , I could probably have gone without them though as its not that complicated a kit . The lack of PE isnt a problem as the kit details arent too bad anyway plus I had a set of suitable seat belts in the spares box.
I’m going to go for the red nosed option for a bit of colour . Cheers tonyIMG_3174.jpegIMG_3175.jpegIMG_3176.jpegIMG_3179.jpegIMG_3178.jpegIMG_3177.jpeg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome aboard Tony.

You and I are actually making the same kit, albeit yours is apparently a 2000 reboxing of the 1998 original whilst mine is a 2011 reboxing in a tan coloured plastic....oh and I have all the bits in the box....but then mine did cost a lot more than yours!

ATB

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Got a bit done today , mainly just priming and a little cockpit assembly . I also got the top and bottom wing halves glued together. The cockpit is all assembled onto the wing top half and goes up into the fuselage . IMG_3183.jpegIMG_3184.jpegIMG_3186.jpeg

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely.

I'm going to get cracking on mine at club night on Tuesday.

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Even though its been three weeks since i posted any update i have been doing a bit to this . The cockpit is coming along , its all been painted and is now in the process of having the details picked out or added . The instrument panel is just the kit item painted up and is good enough for me . The side consoles have had a few extra knobs added with the nail art caviar balls and a couple of scratched throttle levers . Next up is painting and attaching the seat belts . IMG_3232.jpegIMG_3231.jpegIMG_3236.jpegIMG_3237.jpegIMG_3239.jpegIMG_3241.jpeg

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very good Tony!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cockpit now done , the belts have been painted and fitted and its all had a muckying up with a dark brown oil wash. A few wires were added to the radio and a throttle was added to the side console . The fuselage halves have now been fitted around the cockpit on the wing top and the joint is excellent , not needing any attention . Ive also been looking at the propeller and spinner. The kit came without the spinner or backplate so one was sourced from the spares box . It needed a bit of reshaping and drilling out for the cannon and the backplate was cut from plastic card and marked out for the separateIMG_3251.jpegIMG_3252.jpegIMG_3253.jpegIMG_3255.jpegIMG_3256.jpegIMG_3257.jpegIMG_3258.jpegIMG_3249.jpeg blades to be fitted.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Now that the spinner and backplate have bern sorted its time to have a look at the mounting for the prop and the cannon . I used brass tubing for the cannon and styrene tube to mount it in which was glued to the nose with a strengthening ring behind it. This can be fitted through the top of the fuselage before the engine cover goes on . IMG_3249.jpegIMG_3250.jpegIMG_3263.jpegIMG_3264.jpeg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Coming along a treat Tony,the detail and finish you get in your cockpits never ceases to amaze me :astonished::cool:.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tony

That is looking fantastic. A great cockpit and love the gun!

ATB

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
After masking up the canopies and fitting them its now had a coat of Halfords finest , and a coat of white on the nose ready for the red , no pics of that though as I had a bit of a do ( see post in chit chat )IMG_3312.jpeg