Trade Federation Tank AMT/ERTL 1:32

A

adamkijak

Hello everyone i would like to start my new project. The model itself is very nicely made (if you look for old ones from AMT/ERTL), not a lot of parts so i will change few things. First i have decided to open access hatch on the top of gun tower, and change some of rails from plastic ones to new metal (made from paper clip).

:exercise4:

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Thats very cool! I just saw that revell rereleased the cylon raider ship! Might have to take a stab at one (again, we blew one up as kids)

A

adamkijak

Couple days has passed, and gun turret is ready.

URL=www.fotosik.pl]
9e88ea377648bb45.jpg
[/url]

A

adamkijak

It took my couple of days but its finally ready (not the whole model), final modification of tank, a cut off piece in lower part of hull, showing ammunition for 3 guns in front. The main shape is ready i just need now ammunition, and some little pieces to finish.

R

rjwood_uk

nice effort so far!!!

i did the amt/ertle droid on STAP a long time ago. that was a rubbish kit though. nothing fit.

looking forward to seeing it finished!

Richard

A

adamkijak

Hi Mate i did that also, for a AMT/ERTL quality was very good (not like Milenium Falcon and terrible Slave 1 - pictures coming soon, currently taking part in competition). Here are some pictures of stap:

R

rjwood_uk

did you not find the fit of the handle bars terrible? also getting the droid intot he right position was annoying.

Richard

A

adamkijak

Stap itself was alright, specially after Millenium Falcon where side pannels where to big, and i don't know why the provide only 3 landing gear sets instead of 5. Droid like you said mate was absolutely terrible i end up gluing everything together, all the joints after i build a " scafolding" to keep him in correct position. All together i really enjoyed that project.

A

adamkijak

Hello i think that for the first time i was able to do pre-shading properly. I don't have at the moment anything to make color base brighter so rest of painting will have to wait.

After winning some droids on e-bay i have decided to open driver or rather pilot hatch.

A

adamkijak

Welcome here is next update, i was able to find some white paint from gamesworkshop and mixed it with base color (tamyia), i now that is rather strange mix but i t has worked. Unfortunetly i have lost one piece from airbrush during cleaning and i had to make it from scratch. Airbrush is working fine now and i thinj even better than before or maybe this is just my pride. Anyway enough talking here are some pictures:

A

adamkijak

Hi next update, i have bought some droid figures and now i'm trying to place them on the model, no idea how.

L

linebacker55

Nutella

Hi Adam...You painted the Droid's stand in nutella didn't you!?

Seriously though...I think you have worked the kit well.

I actually worked on Phantom Menace, and as it was shot on 'Bluescreen' at Leavesden, near Watford, Herts, UK...I got to see some of the lifesize models just left abandoned in various places in the huge hangars there.

keep cracking away matey!

A

adamkijak

\ said:
Hi Adam...You painted the Droid's stand in nutella didn't you!? Seriously though...I think you have worked the kit well.

I actually worked on Phantom Menace, and as it was shot on 'Bluescreen' at Leavesden, near Watford, Herts, UK...I got to see some of the lifesize models just left abandoned in various places in the huge hangars there.

keep cracking away matey!
Hi mate i did so my girlfiend can lick it all day - LOL.

Wow i wish i colud see some of them live cool stuff.

Here is next update of my project, i have change concept i have quit idea of making a cut off version it just wasn't going on with droids and had no idea how to make ammunition. Instead i have decide to cover that hole and make it like inside explosion.

L

Lips McGee

OUTSTANDING! You keep saying you're done.. I wonder what you'll come out with next though.

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Adam,

Awesome work you might want to contact Steven Speilberg and see if he is hiring, I believe you could easily get a job painting sets and props for the movie industry.

A few photos of your work would make a good portfolio. I look forward to more of your work in the future.

keep up the good work and have a good day,

greg