Trumpeter 1/16 Soviet Officer Pair

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another super figure finished, and another bust to come.

A commission?

The summer has finally arrived, it throwing it down and wild and windy,

Ahh, the British summer, Anna is away house, pet and niece sitting, so just me and the 4 cats for 3 days,

Sadly travel and work will erode most of that time, but there is always Scale Models to inspire.

I shall try the 1:16 figure this weekend, again.

Have a good day with the bust

regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

Yep, Summer's arrived and the heatwave seems like a distant memory. I feel sorry for all of those people restricted to the school holidays for their vacations.

I'm pleased with the way the first figure has turned out. A bit anatomically odd these Trumpeters, but they scrub up quite well.

Enjoy what time you have alone at home, and get those brushes out!

The busts are two new ones for Sarnia - the SS man in dinner dress and a terrific 1WW balloonist.

Don't work too hard.

Peter.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Very nice finish to the figure Peter. The British "usual" summer is back with a vengeance. My wheel barrow filled with water in 24 hours over the weekend:tongue-out2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Back to this one and on to the second figure. Here are the sprues:

100_2757.JPG

The head is looking very similar to the first figure so I may swap it - the haircut's a bit too modern as well. Could give him a haircut I suppose and a moustache to ensure that they don't look like twins.

D

Deleted member 6559

Here's where we're at:

100_2758.JPG

Another well manufactured kit, with some of the slightest mould lines I've ever seen on a piece of plastic - quick rub and they were gone. The fit left a bit to be desired in parts, but any gaps were easily filled. I really like the pose - nice and relaxed.

I felt that the kit head looked too much like the first figure, and although I chopped it about a bit I decided to abandon it. I opted for a Dragon spare wearing the supplied cap instead:

100_2760.JPG100_2762.JPG100_2763.JPG

The eyes are tiny and it took me a long time to get them right after having worked on larger scale busts for the past week or so.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Figure 1 is excellent and the trousers add a great splash of colour. The base is particularly suited. Head 2 is fine - great job to sort the eyes.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Jim

I'm in two minds about whether to give the second chap blue trousers as well - otherwise it's all OD.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice finish to the figure Peter. The British "usual" summer is back with a vengeance. My wheel barrow filled with water in 24 hours

over the weekend:tongue-out2:
Invest in a watering can ,much lighter .:tongue-out3:
John.

Peter sorry about that, but Steve is quite mad .:cool:

Love the figures, painting top class.
What do you sand with, those foam strips ?
John.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great work on the head, the hat looks ever so north Korean, though the influence is the other way around, they have been in the news more than the Russians recently.

Those are small squinting eyes, something has caught his eye!

The smock top goes with the OD trousers, though blue would be cool, either way, i am sure it will be just right

Hae a good day with the paints

Bank Holiday soon

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

John - No worries. He does like doing things the hard way. Sanding is done with any odd scraps of paper I find lying at the bottom of drawers - you'd cry if you saw my tool kit.

Steve - Yes, not sure the cap is the right shape, but it will do. Trumpeter do make a cap-wearing head, but it looks a bit silly - the cap is set too high on a very 60s looking hairstyle.

D

Deleted member 6559

Next stage:

100_2765.JPG100_2767.JPG100_2768.JPG

I really like these Trumpeter figures. One couldn't say they were 100% naturalistic, but I like the sculptural quality. (The right hand is standing proud in order to accept the holster).

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Lovely work on the smock and all the creasing.

He looks like he can handle plenty of 152mm shell cases, when needed.

Are you using OD for the trousers?

Have a good day.

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Good morning Steve.

Yes, he's another chunky monkey. I'll probably go with OD trousers to reflect the mix of uniforms found - blue is tempting but it may be too much on both figures. Should get him finished today.

Pierre.

D

Deleted member 6559

The second figure is finished:

100_2774.JPG100_2775.JPG100_2776.JPG100_2777.JPG

As you can see, I went for OD trousers in the end. I also added a couple of extras from the spares box - binoculars, ammo pouch and map case. All of the straps were made from paper as usual.

Now to put him with his mate.....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter.
Well what new words are there to describe this , er.......
Pulchritudinous .... with thanks to The Free Dictionary.

Love the figures, the base is brill, that rust work is very convincing. You are certainly on a high. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
John,

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Thank you (I think!). The rust is natural - it's a piece of metal I found lying in a field.
Mick - Many thanks also.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another superb scenario with great figures

There is no let up in both quality and speed of your delivery of figures

What is next on the bench?

It's Eid today, so a busy day covering for colleagues at work

Looking forward to your next project, Peter

Have a good day