Trumpeter 1/16 Soviet Tank Crew

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_3307.JPG

To eke out the time spent painting busts, I thought it might be a good idea to have a full figure on the go at the same time. I thought I'd have another go at a Trumpeter 1/16 figure, one of their set of four Soviets. I've made all of these a few times. The other three currently reside in the cabinet:

100_3310.JPG100_3311.JPG

A sprue shot:

100_3298.JPG

Nicely moulded and flash free, as you can see. Also supplied is a PPSH with optional etch detail. The head is a bit silly, but I might try and adapt it and still use it. Also, not having a spare 1/16 T34 hanging around, I'm going to have to find something else for him to lean against.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6559

Built and ready to paint:

100_3313.JPG

This was so nice to put together - minimum filling and very slight mould lines to deal with. The kit head really is terrible, so I've made up a new one using a Reedees head and Kirin(?) fur cap. The face is still smiling though.

R

RichardMo

hey, Peter . long time no see, I have been so busy lately I haven't got on to see all yours and everyone's fine work. Always like your style. looking forward to seeing you process on theses figures.
Rick.

D

Deleted member 6559

Nice to hear from you Rick.

I'll get my Gloucestershire Regt bust finished before I start painting this one.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Peter.
Do I have one of these ?
Anway I shall have my now normal leather seat , new kettle yet?
John.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi John - No, yours is by Tamiya.

Same old kettle - leather armchair settling in well, though I'm afraid that Joe the Jack Russell is on it at the moment.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John - No, yours is by Tamiya.

Same old kettle - leather armchair settling in well, though I'm afraid that Joe the Jack Russell is on it at the moment.
Thanks Peter.
.... I'm not about to move Joe. I'll stand.:smiling:
John.

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Quick, the chair's still empty.

I've painted the head:

100_3322.JPG

It took me a long time to get back into painting at this smaller scale after doing so many busts recently - not sure that my eyes are up to it any more. This Reedees head previously did service as a WW1 German Stormtrooper, so had to have a putty moustache removed. I was therefore a bit worried that I hadn't smoothed the upper lip down enough, but it looks OK. I used a Tamiya decal for the red star on the cap, but painted over it to give it a bit more substance.

Also had a thought that it might be nice to mount the four figures together on a single base.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Love the hat, just looks like that furry thick material they use Peter.
Like the facial expression, looks to be saying " Oh you think so do you "
John . Now in the chair !

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
I like the head. Cold here so could do with a hat like that.
Joe can sit on my lap.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Jim

My son's got a hat like that - I've got my eye on it. You're welcome to have Joe on your lap, but for some reason he's moulting at the moment (in the winter?) so you'll get covered in hairs.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to hear it went together okay. I think the four together would look excellent:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve - This is a nice kit. The head and hands are a bit cartoonish, but that's easily remedied.

Cracked on today:

100_3333.JPG

I decided to give him grey/blue overalls, and for that I used Vallejo Luftwaffe Uniform as a base. I painted the supplied right hand, which was in situ, but it ended up looking too claw-like, so I substituted it and the left hand for spares (these were already painted so just needed a bit of touching up).

I'm off to visit my granddaughter for a few days, so will not get back to this until the middle of next week. Have a fun modelling weekend.

D

Dave S4

Looking good. How about an ENORMOUS KV1 model to go with them?

Dead easy.....

Ahem.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

I'd love to Dave - just don't have £100+ knocking around at the moment.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
another cracker on the way, reckon you could make more than a £100 with a PDF on your face painting technique , id buy a copy, obviously not at £100 :smiling: :smiling:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Wow the grey blue overall is SPOT ON... well done Peter as usual you give us stunning figures.. THANK YOU:thumb2::thumb2::smiling::smiling: