Trumpeter 1/35 E-75 '' Retaking Berlin ''

V

virtue66

Hello All and all hello ...

Right ... so I got a new finished kit to show you dear readers. In all honesty, I am so stressed and will be until the 11th of September. I have a minimum of 18,000 words dissertations to write and I only done like 10,000 words on it, therefore; I AM FREAKING OUT. To calm down, I finished up this E-75 and took photos the other day and now, finally posting about it.

I wanted to go crazy with the paint scheme as this is a paper panzer but I cannot go over the words of she-who-must-be-obeyed ( only girlfriend in my case, no wife yet :P ). Girlfriend said she wants to see this in dark green and dark yellow. I tried negotiating for olive green as you all know olive green is far more correct but she didn't budge from dark green. I dare not cross her, therefore, dark green it is. Haha. I used Revell Aqua (Acrylic) Dark Green thinned with the fantastic all-around acrylic thinner from Ultimate Modelling Product. The dark yellow is a mix of Tamiya Dark yellow and other yellows and brown that I could find as I was running dangerously low with Dark Yellow.

The added on mesh armours were made from Eduard P.E. Mesh sheet and Ever Green Stryene Channels ( or angular U ).

I also put on some wood applique armour on the lower glacis plate. I used the actual wood from the ice lollies sticks ( whatever they are correctly called as I can't remember the correct term right now).

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/trumpeter-135-e-75-retaking-berlin.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.

D

Deleted member 3568

You've done a great job there made all the better by the improvised use of the sticks(although how much protection they would have offered I doubt it would have had much effect) great weathering as well

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Another stunner Gary, despite interference of the female kind...(she isn't going to read this is she?) Lovely work and great weathering.

Si:smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As Si said Gary another stunning build there mate. And as for the dissertation pretend you have a stammer and just repeat some words a few times :smiling3: :rolleyes: Just joking good luck with it

P

Polux

Beautiful model "Big Barrel" ;)

The weathering looks excellent.

Can I ask if you forget to weathering the cable..? Or is this his color?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent build Gary...and paper too!

Well done.

Ron

V

virtue66

\ said:
You've done a great job there made all the better by the improvised use of the sticks(although how much protection they would have offered I doubt it would have had much effect) great weathering as well
I really do doubt about the protection .. but the Russians used them quite extensively during the battle for Berlin so I guess it must have worked for some degree ... thank you for your kind words

\ said:
Another stunner Gary, despite interference of the female kind...(she isn't going to read this is she?) Lovely work and great weathering.Si:smiling3:
ahahahahahah... no she won't .... well, i wouldn't exactly call it interference.. In fact, I am grateful for her '' direction '' .... it looks really nice with this scheme... who knows what I would have done if I did it without her '' direction ''

\ said:
As Si said Gary another stunning build there mate. And as for the dissertation pretend you have a stammer and just repeat some words a few times :smiling3: :rolleyes: Just joking good luck with it
hahahaha... yeah .. I do get Stammer ... hope the viva section would go well... :sad:

\ said:
Beautiful model "Big Barrel" ;) The weathering looks excellent.

Can I ask if you forget to weathering the cable..? Or is this his color?
That's the colour ... I kind of messed up the cable's paint job .... not happy with it in all honesty ...

\ said:
Excellent build Gary...and paper too!Well done.

Ron
Thank you

\ said:
Great job Gary
Thank you

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Another stunner Gary, despite interference of the female kind...(she isn't going to read this is she?) Lovely work and great weathering.Si:smiling3:
ha gottcha, im reading this lol, :oops: :rolleyes:

well for me its the other and i wish he had a cave to go back into lol, :P

besides that what another great build Gray, real do like your way of doing things ,a man after the very same way i see thing, ;)

spot on to me and real like the little addon look forward to your next builds, :D