Trumpeter German navy destroyer Z30

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Silly question Bob, the DSPIA tool is it rotary or oscillating? Be nice for an oscillating sander. At the moment I use my Dremel with the extension tool for more control. An oscillating sander would be a useful addition!!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob looks like a useful tool.
Hi Paul

I think it is, not sure if a review is required?
Silly question Bob, the DSPIA tool is it rotary or oscillating? Be nice for an oscillating sander. At the moment I use my Dremel with the extension tool for more control. An oscillating sander would be a useful addition!!
Hi Mr wasp!

It's rotary but I also have the oscillating one. John stocks them both. Very good quality

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have one of those thingies as well, just a purple one- exactly the same other than the colour. I would be more impressed if they had an ordinary 'pin-vice' collet type chuck.
Getting a drill centered in these in pretty much impossible.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I have one of those thingies as well, just a purple one- exactly the same other than the colour. I would be more impressed if they had an ordinary 'pin-vice' collet type chuck.
Getting a drill centered in these in pretty much impossible.
Totally agree on that point Ian.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Ok folks, started on the complicated hull side camouflage. Added the darker strips so white to do. Not exactly the same as the plans but it's my build lol
20240510_155057.jpg20240510_155047.jpg20240510_155028.jpg20240510_155017.jpg

Was not sure which way was the best, hull red and topping first then the upper hull. So going the other way. After the white strips there's the hulls bum and topping.

Took ages to mask but very happy so far. As I have Bismarck and Tirpitz in both Tamiya and Trumpeter and Tirpitz had some lovely camo scheme, I need the practice!

Well to me it looks ok??

What do you lot think

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Look good to me Bob.
Still trying to work out why you changed from Armour to floaty things.
I think Chris has a lot to do with this ;)
Keep going .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Look good to me Bob.
Still trying to work out why you changed from Armour to floaty things.
I think Chris has a lot to do with this ;)
Keep going .
WHAT MIO John lol Bob my mate has made his own decishion to build ships as he had a good time buildin stugs it seems to me he just wanted a change of model an he seems to be enjoyin his ships models too as he is doin a very good job on the destroyer well done Bob my freind

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
WHAT MIO John lol Bob my mate has made his own decishion to build ships as he had a good time buildin stugs it seems to me he just wanted a change of model an he seems to be enjoyin his ships models too as he is doin a very good job on the destroyer well done Bob my freind
Chris, just a joke, :smiling3: