Trumpeter Graf Spee start 2016

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
That’s tough Bob. Pass on my regards, and make sure she knows it’s a good thing she can still do for him.
I will do Tim, kind of you
WHAT Tim says Bob as we are lost for words but tell julie we are thinking of her an you
chris jen
I certainly will Chris, so much appreciated

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
By the way, tried Ians advice and set phone to 4:3, no difference??

With arranging Don"s funeral and lots of of other stuff also been busy supporting Julie during this horrible time.

However, some time so back to Graf Spee, started to fit superstructure and other stuff! Think the deck looks better?

All guns are loose by the way. Can see the end in sight! But railings soon:rolling::upside:

20220124_115626.jpg20220124_115707.jpg

Had a go at add chipping to the bow, not happy, not dark enough or effective
20220124_115651.jpg

Would appreciate ALL comments inc words like poo etc lol

Biggest mistake is again forgetting to paint parts of the same colour at the same time, the smaller parts now have to be primed/ painted, taking more time.

Happy to a certain degree??

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
brilliant work bob mate there is nothing up with what you have done so please be content with you modeling as i keep telling you you are a good moddeler in fact spiffing an we send our support to julie tell her we are thinking of you both on the day
chris an jen

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Chris, very kind again Chris, way to go before i am happy

But getting better!

The chipping/wear on the bow looks better in the picture, have not done the other side yet

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking pretty good but I would not delve into chipping. At this scale, a square of 35cm would be 1mm so they would have to be some rather large chips!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
This is starting to look really good, but I agree with Paul and Ian about the chipping Bob. Think to yourself how it would happen…it would need impact with something large enough to remove that much paint, but not so large as to damage the boat…Almost anything I can think of would also dent the plating to a greater or lesser degree. I think staining and fading are more your tools to age the boat here.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Tim / Ian

All part of learning, will do the other side lighter!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Nearing completion, finally

20220215_120720.jpg20220215_112414.jpg20220215_120641.jpg
Added anchor chains, look OK to me? Lot of touching up to do and lost 2 parts, carpet monster strikes!

Does come with railings but only for the main deck, not sure if I will have a go at them?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI BOBM8TY well she looks good an by gum looks a longship an i cant see any mistakes see you can build these ships just take your time an valay you have a marvalouse model to be proud of as i would i it was me bult it an the wooden decks looks great an very realistic well done my ole chum are you gonna put her on a sea scape as i think it will really set the model off
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Shaping up beautifully.
Many thanks sir!
Looking good Bob. Where are the tracks though?
Pete
Bugger, you spotted it!
HI BOBM8TY well she looks good an by gum looks a longship an i cant see any mistakes see you can build these ships just take your time an valay you have a marvalouse model to be proud of as i would i it was me bult it an the wooden decks looks great an very realistic well done my ole chum are you gonna put her on a sea scape as i think it will really set the model off
chris
Hi Chris

Still mistakes to sort out! One problem was using cotton buds to remove some of the deck wash, tiny bits of the bud fibres stuck to the deck making it look like it needed a shave, one not to repeat!!

May try a seascape in the future. Will try some rigging and the main deck rails, after all this is a practice ship.

Reasonably happy

Thanks all bob

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks very good Bob.
If you want to have a go at the railing, try find a cheap set generic rail to practice with on a sheet of wood or plastic. This will give you an idea of how hard or easy it is and find a CA glue that you can work with.
It is a daunting task but not that bad once you start.

It would look great on a sea base.