trumpeter kv2 big turret 1/35

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
well guys I am going to build something non British this time and build a Russian kv2 , it looks nice with plenty of detail and so will keep you posted .

steve

View attachment 73106

P1030313.JPG

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Steve it looks a nice kit from what i can see in the box, looking forward to seeing what you do with this one.

T

tommy1drop

Hi Steve looking forward to following this build buddy.

Tom

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
love this tank i want to build another looking forward to seeing what you do with yours

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Steve! A rusky!? Are you changing sides!!! (says he who is building a German one!!!)

Ian M

W

Wittmann205

Will follow your build man :smiling3:

I built the kv1 from trumpeter last year. But the vinyl tracks were bad... now mine is a shelf Queen without tracks lol

Will u use any other tracks?

Cheers Benny

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
yes Ian I have moved over to the dark side -none British I have 4 kits ,German/Russian to build I fancied a change and a friend how has taken over the local model shop has some great kits that I like the look of so I giving it a go , this trumpeter kit is a beauty the parts and details just go together so well . yes Benny there are rubber tracks in the kit which I wont use and plastic ones which I may use but I fancy metal/friul type I have order a few extras like metal exhausts and boxes so I will do it justice

View attachment 73208

View attachment 73209

View attachment 73210

P1030314.JPG

P1030315.JPG

P1030316.JPG

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Can anyone advise were and what friul or good quality track fits the kv2 big turret perth model site stated that they should be omph 700mm but the workable ones from the likes of bronco are only 650mm any advice please as I would prefer to fit a better set than the ones in the kit. Steve

W

Willi262

Looks like the scribble on the tank turret says "Die Fascist!" "Byey faschistov" (but my russian is dodgy and can't be trusted).

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
This kit is a great one the details are very good and I think I wasted my money on a photo etch that I have hardly used and it is big compare it to the Vallejo paint pot

View attachment 73489

P1030317.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very nice so far... The KV2 big top is an eyecatcher.

Ian M

C

CDW

Been watching this from the back row but now it's getting down to the final stages I'm sneaking down to the front like IanM does :smiling:

Looks great so far Steve.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice progress Steve the base is looking great.

N

noble

Lovely stuff nice work, i like the base and the weathering is subtle but spot on.

Scott