Tworrs 1/72 Lancaster B.III

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
I have started splashing some colour on now, and she is looking a little less bare ;)
This is my first attempt at brush painting a model, and to be honest I think I prefer the airbrush. While the masking is a bit of a faff the finish is better, oh well at least I tried it out, and now know the different end results.
Next model will be back to airbrushing.
Still a way to go, but it is progress.
IMG_1360.jpeg

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I dont brush paint, I think Ron is the man for the best advice. That said on these old war birds sometimes the imbalance in color can be to you advantage. Looking ahead by the time you add decals some panel lines and exhaust smoke and generally grub up the wing you may find you end up with a good effect so my advice is battle on with it. You may be pleasantly surprised with the end result.

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
I dont brush paint, I think Ron is the man for the best advice. That said on these old war birds sometimes the imbalance in color can be to you advantage. Looking ahead by the time you add decals some panel lines and exhaust smoke and generally grub up the wing you may find you end up with a good effect so my advice is battle on with it. You may be pleasantly surprised with the end result.
You are right Steve, it will improve with age, just like I did ;)
As far as I'm concerned, once I have finished she will look fine, I am pleased that I did this one with a hairy stick though, it was a good learning experience.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You are right Steve, it will improve with age, just like I did ;)
As far as I'm concerned, once I have finished she will look fine, I am pleased that I did this one with a hairy stick though, it was a good learning experience.
Look at this bad boy Garry. So much weathering for you to play with. Have fun.

640px-Avro_Lancaster_298.jpg