U.S.S Nimitz.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
4fe80c90.jpg

Delightful shot of the U.S.S Nimitz whilst in historic Pearl Harbour.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
very nice picture barry' date=' one your own personal collection ?[/quote']*** Yes Adz,it is an official publicity picture,nice eh !

G

George

not sure but it looks to be one of the iowa class
Probably the Missouri as she is a museum ship in Pearl Harbour. The white object between the carrier and BB is the Pearl Harbour memorial :dan2:

B

Bluewavestudios

Nice pic and that Nimitz would be a fantastic model for R/C, I have always liked Aircraft Carriers especially R/C ones....think it goes back to when I was quite young and used to go to Elstead pond in Surrey where the local R/C Boat club used to sail. I saw my first R/C Carrier there and it was huge. Sadly I don't know which ship it was, but as a very young boy (aged about 6 then I think) It made a lasting impression on me.

Regards............Mark.

G

George

Nice pic and that Nimitz would be a fantastic model for R/C, I have always liked Aircraft Carriers especially R/C ones....think it goes back to when I was quite young and used to go to Elstead pond in Surrey where the local R/C Boat club used to sail. I saw my first R/C Carrier there and it was huge. Sadly I don't know which ship it was, but as a very young boy (aged about 6 then I think) It made a lasting impression on me.Regards............Mark.
Check out the following web site www.taskforce72.org and you will find a 1/72nd scale USS Enterprise along with other large models to the same scale :clap:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Nice pic and that Nimitz would be a fantastic model for R/C, I have always liked Aircraft Carriers especially R/C ones....think it goes back to when I was quite young and used to go to Elstead pond in Surrey where the local R/C Boat club used to sail. I saw my first R/C Carrier there and it was huge. Sadly I don't know which ship it was, but as a very young boy (aged about 6 then I think) It made a lasting impression on me.Regards............Mark.
*** This is inreresting how things influence us at a tender age,this is why it is important to try and get the youngsters interested so that one day they will say ' I remember a model warsip on the local pond,and I want to build one like it myself ' there is nothing to beat enthusiasm for your selected subject,and we certainly have that enthusiasm here at Scale-models,keep these lovely pictures flowing as inspiration to us all,young and old ! :wavetowel

P

Pauldoe

Yes, the Missouri

bb6311.jpg
Hi all:

Yes, the Iowa class tied up (just south of the wreck of the Arizona), is indeed the Missouri.

If you visit her, note the dent on the starboard stern quarter (kamikaze strike - no allied casualties).

Cheers,

P.

Last edited:
G

Grief

Great pictures.

The planked deck on the missouri looks stunning

Cheers

Chris

N

Nigel.D

I cannot agree more ! I have a 18 year old son and 10 and 16 year old daughter who builds models my 10 year old (ellie) is desperatly trying to finish a siver and blue harrier lol while my 18 year old is into buggys and ww1 tanks, my 16 year old is building a 1/72 Lockheed Galaxy Vacform which is huge i have 2 more kids 3 and 18 months who i hope will follow suit. I will also add that the pleasure you get from introducing a child in to modelling is as a rewarding experience as you can get