Ultra detailed model kit

C

Captain4W

I'm getting back into modeling after a long hiatus, and I have been looking for my first kit. I want a kit that seriously detailed because I don't want to finish it in a week. You see, I'm retired and I have nothing but time, so the more complicated it is the better. I have been looking at getting a Tamiya 1/48 P-51D and purchasing all the Aires stuff to go with it, and with this in mind my question arose. Does anyone make ultra detailed model kits? When I say ultra detailed I mean like what I have explained, a kit with ultra realism, photo etched parts, resin parts, real seat belts, etc...

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Just checked the website and looked at their videos of the cockpit build. Some really great detail but - no seatbelts! Why?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
How about something like the zoukei mura kits? Their Horten 229 flying wing in 1/32 or 1/48 is a very detailed kit containing a full framework onto which you can attach the outer panels just like a real airframe ( or build it and leave it skeletal ) their Dornier 335 pfeil in 1/32 looks to be a box crammed with hundreds of parts too. http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/products/sws08_Ho229horten.html

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Is it just me, or is a kit like that somewhat pointless? Sure, it’s really cool to have all that detail, but almost none of it will show if you build the whole aircraft complete … For a diorama of the Horten factory, with figures shown assembling the plane, sure, this kit is ideal. If you leave the exterior transparent you’ll also show a lot of the insides, but a transparent aircraft looks kind of funny to me.

C

Captain4W

How about something like the zoukei mura kits? Their Horten 229 flying wing in 1/32 or 1/48 is a very detailed kit containing a full framework onto which you can attach the outer panels just like a real airframe ( or build it and leave it skeletal ) their Dornier 335 pfeil in 1/32 looks to be a box crammed with hundreds of parts too. http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/products/sws08_Ho229horten.html
I'm not super crazy about the Horten, but I do like their P-51 and I think it's almost exactly what I'm looking for, Thank you.