Until Today I Never Built....

P

Polux

Until today I never built....an amount of things, of course!!! :D

But I'm sure that, many of us, has some plans, future plans or just simply wishes... :smiling3:

I'm not a plane builder. I built a 1/24 Stuka time ago....and I wish to build a 1/32 one someday (plane).

I started a bike 1/12....but the result turned on an absolutely disaster...so, I will try a second attempt one day.

I cannot believe it!! I built some Land Rovers, but they was small and military!

I really must go by a 1/24 civilian car!!!

A truck....I would like to build one soon!

I admire the figure builders! I started a knight but never finished it. One more item to add at the list :smiling3:

And maybe, the last one, is build a Star Wars item. I love the Sci-Fi...but I've never built a X-Wing or a Millenium Falcon as well :confused:

Well...I'm sure that I forget something, but this is all that I have on mind actually :smiling3:

And all you??

Polux

Last edited:
F

Fenlander

Mmmm, tricky one.... I have tried, and failed, just about every genre but there are two things I have never tried seriously. One is Science Fiction. I am sorry but it does little for me, I don't mind fantasy such as orcs and goblins but not the Star, Wars Star Trek type stuff. I do love the lines of the old Klingon Bird of Prey craft though

The other is a sailing ship. I struggle so much with the relatively simple rigging of a WWII ship that the idea of rigging a sailing ship scares me to death. This is something I would never attempt.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
There's many things I've not built but the one I really want to do is a truck/ Lorry with trailer

First Name
Robert
I agree with papa I've built and well tried to do all kinds of kits but I have never built a truck nor trailer in the 1/24

I like the armour stuff and the wingy things ( suppose in a way I'm stuck in the 20th century of warfare and that I like to read up etc.

Been watching ice road truckers and Supertruckers and thinking what if..........

I'm actually surprised Polux or another of the Mods have not done a competition on this We all build a truck and trailer ( anything goes )

Personally I like the big ass rigs ( kenworth, mack, Peterbuilt international, globetrotters and all the 18+ wheeler ones.

Regards

Robert

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
hmmmm........

biplane with rigging

sailing ship with rigging

can see a trend there.......lol

a balsa plane but plan to do one this year

F

Fenlander

\ said:
hmmmm........
a balsa plane but plan to do one this year
I remember as a kid building balsa airplanes with my older brother. We used razor blades to cut the balsa, I would have been six to eight years old and sliced my fingers quite regularly. Used to put balsa cement on the cuts and carry on lol, quite scary really......

P

Polux

\ said:
I'm actually surprised Polux or another of the Mods have not done a competition on this We all build a truck and trailer ( anything goes )

Robert
I remember a truck build some time ago....

Anyway, you know the major preferences.... First option "planes", second option "planes" again, third option "armour",.....Seventh option "the others" :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

F

Fenlander

\ said:
I remember a truck build some time ago....
Anyway, you know the major preferences.... First option "planes", second option "planes" again, third option "armour",.....Seventh option "the others" :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:
I know it isn't easy getting people to build what they normally do not. However, group builds are just the platform to encourage that. I no longer build aircraft, I have done and the best model I think I ever built was an aircraft but they no longer do it for me. But, I am going to have a go at the Modern Jets one and have ordered the kit to do it with.

I think the big problem is that, quite rightly, not many people want to spend money on a kit that holds little interest for them just for a group build. If I didn't do aircraft at all, then I wouldn't have but I know it will be fun, and worth it for me, to have a change between all this heavy metal armour I have lined up. I also intend doing another ship model this year because, again, it is a bit of light :confused:relief and keeps my hand in at techniques I might otherwise lose the skill of.

A truck and trailer GB would involve a fair investment for those without any in the stash but even if a couple of people do it, it will be worth it as it showcases the genre and may give someone an idea to do something they have never done.

I think group builds should have a good variety but you have to accept that not everyone is going to throw their hat in the ring with them.

Last edited:
First Name
Robert
\ said:
I remember as a kid building balsa airplanes with my older brother. We used razor blades to cut the balsa, I would have been six to eight years old and sliced my fingers quite regularly. Used to put balsa cement on the cuts and carry on lol, quite scary really......
They come full circle now with glues as I remember coming off my motorbike a few years back ( lovely 2 inch gash on my shin and they used superglue to mend it ( or very simular as no stiches ) wonderful stuck stuff min scar

Roenrt

F

Fenlander

Allegedly, that is what superglue was invented for but not sure if that is an urban myth.