Verlinden 200mm Lavr Kornilov Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Peter I don't how you do it and with flu ! speechless, hope you start to feel better soon. Just one small piont which hardy shows you my have missed a small part of his tunic on the left hand side.

I'll get my coat.
Pete.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Interesting Peter, certainly looks the part.
Sorry to read of the attempted self mutilation, this is no way to get out of doing excise.

D

Deleted member 6559

Pete - Aha, well spotted! One more day should finish it.

Steven - Thank you.

John - The plaster on my thumb is useful for wiping my brushes on at least.

Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Top man for working through your illness. I hope it is a tonic and a cure for you

D

Deleted member 6559

I'm a brave soldier Steve.

Hopefully get this finished today, though have to wait about for a Freeview engineer. They re-configured the Dover transmitter and we lost all BBC programmes - methinks new aerial, dammit!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Medal side looks great.
As for flu! Us blokes suffer in silence, just pure bravery really, we carry on regardless. The womenfolk simply don't appreciate how heroic we are when we are cut down in our prime with "The Flu" :tongue-out3:
Jim

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Splendid work Peter. When you say it took a while to get going again after a bit of a break from painting, do you have an old figure to practice on ? I only ask as, in my line of modelling, I use an old Airfix Spitfire to get going again.

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Thanks. The advantage of my wife also being ill is that at least she believes me when I say I'm dying.

Colin - Good idea. I was about to start a 1/16 figure, but felt that I needed this larger scale to help get into it again.

Nearly done - just waiting for the varnish to dry....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Another stunning bust to add to the collection. I have had a good look at the eyes. Apologies if it is the picture playing tricks on me but did you shade the whites of the eyes? If so which colour did you use?. I also noticed highlight on the pupils. What were the colours of the pupils and the highlight please? Many thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie - You're too kind!

Steve - Many thanks. The whites of the eyes are done by building up off white over a black brown base - it's a thin pigment, so the ground shows through. Pupils and irises - first a black brown disk, then blue within the disk. lighter on one side than the other. A dot of black for the pupil and a dot of white for the highlight.

D

Deleted member 7237

Outstanding work, did you do the blue shoulder patch free hand if so f...
Pete.

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Thanks. Bit of a Verlindany face, but OK.

Pete - Thanks also. The badge was indicated thus:

100_5468.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's one nasty looking bugger. I for one would not want to be on his bad side. Even being ill, you have managed a remarkable result. I tip my hat to you sir, WELL DONE! Cheers, Rick H.

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Rick.

The Bolsheviks didn't like him either. He was killed when a shell fell on his HQ, shortly before Bolshevik forces over-ran his position. They promptly dug up his coffin, dragged his body out and burnt it on the local rubbish dump.